Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
Good stuff - guess with the Durango kit hexes, you haven't got anything between the pin and the plastic of the wheel, which means you've got enough axle outside the wheel to get a nut onto.

Whereas with the Tresrey hexes, you've got some metal between the pin and the wheel (as the pin goes inside the hex), and you haven't got enough axle for a nut imho.

Everybody went to the Tresrey hexes on the 210 and 410 because the pin was loose in the axle and would often fall out during a wheel change (for one reason anyway), but the roll pin on the BMAX isn't loose, so this isn't a bad option for those wanting to re-use their Durango wheels.

Nice work Rich.
indeed, there is plenty of axle hanging out, same as with the standard wheels i believe. One other thing i have done on the bmax is to use serrated nuts as i found the standard ones were loosening off after some use, maybe because of the plastic hexes. I may get the alloy durango ones.

HTH
Old 04-04-2013

if anyone else is curious to other pin type wheels that fit the bmax2, there's DE Racing's borrego wheels for the ae b4/tlr 22.