Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 26-07-2012

Default DEX210 first outdoor run

Despite my reservations over the quality of the car or seems to go very well. When changing setups even slightly it was very noticeable on the track, however the one thing is was struggling with was initial turn on even on long wheelbase in the slow corners. Thanks Craig for the tips it was heading in the right direction.

Has anyone ran the brass bulkhead and does that make a difference? My plan is to shorten the wheelbase and use the brass bulkhead as in long wheelbase I was getting a lot of oversteer and not great traction.

It took me over a season to get a base setup on the 410 that makes it so easy to drive and still is aggressive that only needs minimal changes from track to track. I suspect the 210 will be the same a season of poor results before it comes good.
Old 26-07-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

I feel totally the opposite. I ran my 210 for the first time at Grantham for the final 2wd regional and had my best result of finishing 3rd in the C final having only run 2 qualifiers due to electrical problems. Plenty of front end while not losing the rear. Ran short wheelbase and never felt the need for more turn in. very happy with mine
Old 26-07-2012
Mad Member

Unusual most people i know with a 210 are trying to get rid of steering s on high grip astro it tends to turn in too quickly!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 26-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Despite my reservations over the quality of the car or seems to go very well. When changing setups even slightly it was very noticeable on the track, however the one thing is was struggling with was initial turn on even on long wheelbase in the slow corners. Thanks Craig for the tips it was heading in the right direction.

Has anyone ran the brass bulkhead and does that make a difference? My plan is to shorten the wheelbase and use the brass bulkhead as in long wheelbase I was getting a lot of oversteer and not great traction.

It took me over a season to get a base setup on the 410 that makes it so easy to drive and still is aggressive that only needs minimal changes from track to track. I suspect the 210 will be the same a season of poor results before it comes good.
I run with a '2' insert to give a more 'in-line geometry' and I find this provides super turn-in. Also, a lot depends on what front tyres you have fitted. Yellow mini-spikes will give more turn in than staggered.

For high grip tracks like Southport (in the dry) I find the Cream brass bulkhead helps eliminate rear grip role and again provides more initial turn-in. But I always run this with staggered tyres to ensure that I'm not grip-rolling at the front.

On wet /slippy/grass tracks the brass bulkhead needs to be removed as you need more weight at the back.
Old 26-07-2012

Cheers Tony, I've also thought about a smaller spur to shift the motor back for more traction. I currently run .5 deg rear hub inserts but I'm concerned if I increase it more that the it'll be slow changing direction.

It's going to be a long season.
Old 26-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Cheers Tony, I've also thought about a smaller spur to shift the motor back for more traction. I currently run .5 deg rear hub inserts but I'm concerned if I increase it more that the it'll be slow changing direction.

It's going to be a long season.
I've actually got two 210's. One set up for low traction and one for high traction tracks. For the low traction I run an 81 Spur to push the motor further back. I have this set up with an 8.5T motor and 24T pinion. I think it would even go to a 78T spur and I will try this next. I tried a 75T and this was too small, the motor screw slots are just not long enough.
Old 26-07-2012

I run with a 78, 24.
Old 26-07-2012

Me also... 78 and 24 on a 7.5T