Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 02-09-2008

Send a message via AIM to Andy Moore
Default Coming to the UK!

Im going to be in London for a few days, is there anything I must see? Im planning to hit the usual landmarks, but is there something off the beaten path?

| Kyosho America | kyoshoamerica.com | Team Orion | teamorion.com |Winning Edge Designs | wedjim.com | Jab Graphix | jabgraphix.com |
Old 02-09-2008
Mad Member

The "usual landmarks" can easy take a couple of days, but I have always loved the Sir John Soame's Museum, its in central London, http://www.soane.org/
Old 02-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Go to a Spearmint Rhino
Old 02-09-2008
LeeOtard

how many days and why???? where bouts in london?
Old 02-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
Go to a Spearmint Rhino
You'll definately see some sights in there
Old 02-09-2008

wrap up warm andy, you just missed our summer (it was last saturday)
Old 02-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm_2008 View Post
wrap up warm andy, you just missed our summer (it was last saturday)
Between 1-2pm
Old 02-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

fooking hot where we where on the weekend i got sun burn
sweated bucket loads
Old 02-09-2008

Science Museum is one of my favourite places in London. They have a wicked aircraft section with all sorts of planes and bits and pieces. Besides the aircraft the rest of the museum is very modern and very enjoyable. Best bit is it's free (though I'd leave a couple of quid donation if you were as impressed). I pop in there every time around that area of London. Also it's literally right next door to the Natural History Museum as well (both opposite Imperial College, which I suppose makes it roughly the Kensington area).

From both these you are just a short walk north to Hyde Park if you want to go some greenery. And if you are into art kind of stuff it's not too far from the Victoria & Albert museum, perhaps not my favourite place but I know people that enjoy it there.

I know it may sound boring suggesting two museums, but I think they are well worth an afternoon or morning of your time as both National History and Science Museum are free and next door to each other. And Science Museum rocks
Old 02-09-2008

Send a message via AIM to Andy Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
how many days and why???? where bouts in london?
I fly out the 8th, should be there for 3-4 days, then over to Germany. It just a vacation type trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glypo View Post
Science Museum is one of my favourite places in London. They have a wicked aircraft section with all sorts of planes and bits and pieces. Besides the aircraft the rest of the museum is very modern and very enjoyable. Best bit is it's free (though I'd leave a couple of quid donation if you were as impressed). I pop in there every time around that area of London. Also it's literally right next door to the Natural History Museum as well (both opposite Imperial College, which I suppose makes it roughly the Kensington area).

From both these you are just a short walk north to Hyde Park if you want to go some greenery. And if you are into art kind of stuff it's not too far from the Victoria & Albert museum, perhaps not my favourite place but I know people that enjoy it there.

I know it may sound boring suggesting two museums, but I think they are well worth an afternoon or morning of your time as both National History and Science Museum are free and next door to each other. And Science Museum rocks
I'll definately have to look into those, it sounds like they could be hit in a day (since my time is limited).

Thanks for the help guys!

Im also going to visit Stamford Bridge, even though Im not a Chelsea fan.

| Kyosho America | kyoshoamerica.com | Team Orion | teamorion.com |Winning Edge Designs | wedjim.com | Jab Graphix | jabgraphix.com |
Old 02-09-2008
Mad Member

Can I put a bid in for St Pauls Cathedral and its Whispering Gallery? Then, walk across the Millenium Bridge to Tate Modern, where the Turbine Hall is a sight to behold. Walk from there along to the Globe Theatre (rescued by your own Sam Wanamaker) and into Borough Market, where the food is a sight to behold. About three hours of your time, and a great mix of English Old, English New and something we owe you guys, courtesy of Sam. Enjoy!
Old 03-09-2008
Lee-Mag

Have fun Andy, there is loads to do but dont expect to find any english people in london, its full of eastern europeans now, i think the correct term is "cosmopolitan"

See you at the clash

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com