Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 28-05-2010

Default Missing Parts !

Anyone else missing parts when they went to build the SV PRO.
Not too happy was going to race this on monday.. Missing 2 screws for the bellcranks and a bell crank post. Unreal!!

Emailed Schumacher but god knows when I will get the parts...so pissed.
Old 28-05-2010
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

the two screws are nothing special im sure someone around the track will have them m3x10 but the post is,and not heard alot of people with missing parts, but i know what you mean new toy and all that,im sure someone on here must have a spare steering post for you,
Old 28-05-2010

Send a message via MSN to steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudflap74 View Post
Anyone else missing parts when they went to build the SV PRO.
Not too happy was going to race this on monday.. Missing 2 screws for the bellcranks and a bell crank post. Unreal!!

Emailed Schumacher but god knows when I will get the parts...so pissed.
im sure someone trackside will have what you need but dont be discouraged the car is awsome couple of issues but i must say schumacer have been fantastic in sorting them out 10/10 from meall new kits haves some probs
Old 05-06-2010

Over a week since I spoke with sales for my parts and nothing in the mail. This is so frustrating! Anyone got a contact I can complain too. Car is just sitting in pieces for400 bucks this should not be the case.
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

the missing parts were probably given to the team drivers
Old 05-06-2010

Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Schumacher has A+ customer service. Ring them again if you must, but!
There is a quicker fix to get you going. I'm suprised you havn't done this already. Go to your lhs get a long m3 flat head screws and locknuts for a few bucks. Prob fixed. You can get your buggy going quicker than you will waiting for screws and bolts that are readily avail. It's not like a your waiting for a pricey buggy specific part thats unavail.

Old 05-06-2010

Screws is one thing where do you suggest I get the steering posts
Old 05-06-2010

Oh. Maybe I should have double checked your post.
Ring Shuey again. They're a bunch of good guys over there. Maybe it's in the "mail" already and may take a bit longer depending where you live.
Old 06-06-2010

hardware store
Old 06-06-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

When i had a problem i just emailed them on the address on their site, they got back to me and i got the parts the same week, spot on for support!

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 06-06-2010

I emailed and phoned. Phone people were very nice I just would of liked tracking number. The email went out about 10 minutes after I realized I was missing parts. I wasn't contacted till 4 business days later about my issues and even then they didn't read my email and were asking for part numbers that were in the email. Calling tomorrow morning at 6am my time to find out where the parts are. Hopefully they have been sent and I don't have to chew the ear off of the person on the other end.

If I miss another weds night of racing because of one part I will not be a happy camper..
Old 07-06-2010

Mistakes do happen, and trust me I know its frustrating... but is it necessary to start a thread, I can guarantee they did not make this mistake on purpose and emails do get lost or someone made a human error and lost it w/in the 100s of emails they probably receive in a week. with them releasing 2 new cars and now producing 1/8th tires along with the tires they're already making they've got a lot on there plate. I'm sure given some patients they'll have u all fixed up in no time.

Not to start a riot but if everyone started a thread after they received any issues from anyy company a lot of REALLY good info will get lost (i.e. set up help and mods etc) there have been issues with the SVs.. they are already a few threads stating that.

Again not to start a fight but get a feel over the situation as a whole before we begin thinking that life only revolves around ourselves
Old 07-06-2010

yes it is necessary
Old 07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
yes it is necessary
LOL and y is that? If the the same issue has already been discussed? Maybe posting in a thread with a similar subj/issue?
Old 07-06-2010

no, its got to be a separate thread

what im sick of actually is how people are praising this company for all their efforts. Oh mean, give me a break!

yeh I mean, a company is allowed to screw up, but over and over again, to me is unforgivable.

I was in my early teens when I first wanted a schumacher cat xls. Now I'm in my 30's and can afford to buy a schumacher. So I did just recently. After all these years of wanting one so bad, I'm actually very disappointed in the way the cougar has come about, released into the public in such poor state. The plastics came out of the mold very badly, every plastic item had flashing. Gearbox gap, uneven idler gear, a prick of a body to put on unless you cut half the front off.

so there you wonder why people come on these forums and vent their frustration.

Will the buying public be getting free revised parts in the future, or will we be screwed over like durango have done with their 2.0mm pin driveshafts?
Old 07-06-2010

I'm not exactly sure why some guys have experienced such great customer service and others have not. Before I purchased my Cougar I'd heard about how Schumacher kits sometimes have missing or wrong parts but I was reassured reading the posts of great customer support.

When I built my kit one of the parts included was wrong so I promptly emailed Schumacher using the email on their site. Waited for days without reply. A second email - this time copied to their sales email address as well - also did not get a response.

I was very impressed when one of their team drivers PMed me and offered to contact them on my behalf though (what a great guy!). He told me they would get it sorted and gave me another email address to use to contact Schumacher.

Waited some more and sent out another request to the new email address... still no response.

After reading this thread I might try another email... but truth is I'd just about given up trying to get a response. A little disappointed to be honest - even if they couldn't help me it would be nice just to get a reply to that effect.

GREAT CAR though... I've really been impressed with it's handling.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not dissing Schumacher in any way - but perhaps sharing my experience might paint a more balanced picture to anyone reading these forums.
Old 07-06-2010

Fellas...whats so hard about picking up a phone. If you phone them. I'm sure your probs will be taken care of promptly.
Old 07-06-2010

If you phone Schumacher ask for the technical department.
Old 08-06-2010

its not a local phone call for some people.
Old 10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
its not a local phone call for some people.
If you can afford the Cougar, you can afford the phone call. Even if it's international.
~D