Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 06-09-2011

Default Thoughts on parking

Do we have a legal team ???
This has been sent to all and sundry at the council and his pals, by the guy that runs the football :-

***************** Quote***********
Afternoon Lianne

I would like to file a formal complaint about the model car track , on Sunday 4th September @ 1.30pm I drove onto Goshen to check the site..... and to my amazement a Light commercial vehicle had drove onto our NEW 9v9 pitch and then parked up on one of our NEW full size pitches.... These pitches have just cost our club £695 to get ready for our start of the season which started yestaday ( 3rd September)

After many polite requests (and I do still have copies of these emails ) to the management of the model car track asking their members not to drive on our pitches , bascally the members continue to ignore our requests , however I do appricate Roger has said he has also asked his members not to do it but it is obviously not working.

Also I have just arrived home from Goshen and just had a call from our Vice Chairman Andy Rohman who also went down to check on the site ( approx 1.45pm ) and the driver of the LCV approached him and gave him verbal abuse and acted in a threatening behaviour towards my Vice Chairman, this is not acceptable and I would appriacte the council to intervene.

The solution to stop this is a barrier at our pitch entrance and some fencing near the ball zone, also can you ask the model car track members not to park near our container and park on the main car park, can this be done before the model car tracks next session which is Next Sunday 11th September.

My committee and I are not at all happy with what's gone on today and we would appricate some action this week please.

************** unquote***********************

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 06-09-2011
Banned

To be honest he was a bit of a jobs worth!

I think the club needs to have a few signs up to try and keep people off the grass. It doesn't help that they are building, space is tight.

As for using the main car park i don't really think thats fair. as its miles away from the track!

but seriously how many pitches do they want, there is literally 50 pitches at goshen! but yet the chose to play on the ones most close to the track.
Old 06-09-2011

Well we have a number of witnesses to say that james wasnt aggressive, in fact it was the other way round!!
Old 06-09-2011

Send a message via MSN to birdy

The easy solution is for all cars to park on the main car park and only allow gazebos down at the track, this way there will be plenty of room for all to pit near the track.

Access for emergency vehicles is also required to track side.

What are the future plans for car parking near to the track?

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

What a tit, sounds like he trying his hardest to ruin it for the club.

How about asking the council for some parking spaces around the perimeter of the track ?
Old 06-09-2011

Default Parking

If its going to be like last year when they played footy the car park was full and you couldn't get through to the track.
If they want you to park in the car park you'll have to start earlier and get there before the footballers, make it hard for them.
Old 06-09-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
To be honest he was a bit of a jobs worth!

I think the club needs to have a few signs up to try and keep people off the grass. It doesn't help that they are building, space is tight.

As for using the main car park i don't really think thats fair. as its miles away from the track!

but seriously how many pitches do they want, there is literally 50 pitches at goshen! but yet the chose to play on the ones most close to the track.
have to agree with coleman they have around 4-5 acres of land cant they use that, ask the council to allow access to track and room for pitting,
Old 06-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

James was, it must be said, remarkably restrained. Especially when it was quite clear the Vice Chairman guy really only had one agenda and that was to screw us over.

If we park in the main carpark, and they actually use all the pitches they plan on using, there will be no spaces. They know this, but the fact is they don't want us there.

The reason they are trying to us those pitches is in the email - money. The lower pitches are normally waterlogged in winter, but they started using them round about exactly the same time Bury council agreed to pay to move our track. They are arguing that the gym and our track hove taken up some of their pitch space (space they weren't actually using) and are after money off the council. Where do you think they suddenly got the funds to redo the clubhouse and start a cafe in there!

Anyway:

I have been parking in the carpark and pitting trackside. Its fine if its dry. If its wet we have a gazebo, which will do for about a dozen if we get very cosy, but its not the sturdiest and I don't rate its chances on a windy day - last time we used it the wind wasn't that bad and it still blew poles out all day. But there are other tent options too
More of an issue is charging. For the time being, we have no mains in race control, hence the generator. A large number of our racers can be seen with their bonnets open charging off the car battery. This will not be viable on a busy day if the car is in the main car park, especially if its the far end.
So racers will either have to acquire a 12V, their own generator or have a long walk to charge their batts.
Now we do have 2 club genny's. In theory we could lend one out for people to use (for a small fee to cover fuel) but I'm not sure how many chargers a single generator can power.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 06-09-2011

How much room did you guys used to have around the old track?
there is not that much room near race control anyway are you okay to pit with a table all the way round the fencing of the track?
if so then maybe thats the only answer park in the carpark and pit near the fence we did it last time and just carried a 12v battery with us .you can always use gazebos there not expensive nowadays you can get them for 15quid
Old 06-09-2011

I Have to say I didn't realy see or hear anything myself on sunday but one of my mates witnesed the abuse given to roger. From what he told me it was not only abusive but thretening!! I am aware that we have benn told not to park or drive on the football pitches but nothing has been mentioned about riding on them, therefore I might bring my crosser down on sunday and have a bit of a burn round before race time!
Old 06-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Probably can't get gazebo's most of the way round - the touch lines are there for the footie pitches already and they go pretty close to the track boundaries.
The area we currently park in is pretty much what we can use to pit in.

Might be a 'fun' idea - park in the main car park, but set up a gazebo just in front of the footballers container......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicoe View Post
Probably can't get gazebo's most of the way round - the touch lines are there for the footie pitches already and they go pretty close to the track boundaries.
The area we currently park in is pretty much what we can use to pit in.

Might be a 'fun' idea - park in the main car park, but set up a gazebo just in front of the footballers container......

So basically the council have not provided no where near enough space then for cars the only way really then to do it is not allow any cars near the race control area everyone will just have to park on the car park and pit in the space at the back of racecontrol
Old 06-09-2011
Banned

£695 to paint a few lines on grass? I think ive got a new buisness to start!

ill do delux all weather paint, supplied by Jonny, and we'll call it £400

Now a more sensible idea...

take one of these ....

http://www.erento.co.uk/hire/tools-e...603962997.html

remove their pitch lines and move them futher away from the track.

How much space do these testosterone arseholes need?

I wasnt there but i heard about it and tbh it sounds like the fella complaining needs a thing or two dislodged from his arse.

as mentioned they have 5/6 acres so shut the **** up.

Poor display from the fanny football bunch.
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 06-09-2011

if they move the containers into the main car park then , we can park were they were ,
Old 06-09-2011

I agree with coleman also there are loads of pitches why choose the onces near the track.
Also why and how can we park on the car park when the footballers are on there aswell. Its like everything else the commercial sports get everything and the others have to suffer. I meen they have spent so much on the track why not add somehwere to park ?
Old 06-09-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stotty View Post
I agree with coleman also there are loads of pitches why choose the onces near the track.
Also why and how can we park on the car park when the footballers are on there aswell. Its like everything else the commercial sports get everything and the others have to suffer. I meen they have spent so much on the track why not add somehwere to park ?
politics my friend.
Old 06-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If any of you have dogs could'nt you just take them there under cover of the night to do number 2's on the pitch.
Old 06-09-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
If any of you have dogs could'nt you just take them there under cover of the night to do number 2's on the pitch.
Who needs dogs
Old 06-09-2011
Gypsy Member

good job i wasnt there or buds really

what that pitch needs is a few travellers staying on it for a few weeks ...... reckon they would not lke even more " light commercial vehicles " on it

football wankers . i am not charging my car on my van in the car park while i marshall on the track, some little scroat will knick my car or van or both .
its not south port or kieghtly loads of random kids and scallys turn up. we cant even keep em out of the track . how are we gonna keep em off our stuff when its miles away
like the idea of them moving there cabins and we can pit there and not park on the pitch