Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-04-2008
GPS1's Avatar
GPS1 GPS1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northampton
Posts: 90
Default EP4600 - Legal at Regionals?

Can anyone help me out with this!!
I just purchased 6 packs of EP Enrichpower matched 4600mah batteries ( NOT Cheap when you aint sponsered!! ) which I understood to be race legal to IFMAR/ROAR/EFRA/BRCA rules.
I now find out that they don't have some "08" sticker on them and are therefore NOT race legal at BRCA National events, as per the Electric Board rules. This in its self aint a problem as I'm not doing any National events this year! However, I am doing the Regionals!!
Now I'v looked, but I cannot find anything saying these cells are Illegal at Regional level. The approved battery list on the BRCA website even say's:
'Only cells detailed below are approved for BRCA NATIONAL events in 2008'
Is this a loophole in the BRCA rules? Or has my first season back just gone out the window before it's even started?
I can not afford to see £250+ go down the drain!! And it's the first Regional this Sunday!!!!
Help and advise is needed please!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-04-2008
DCM's Avatar
DCM DCM is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marvelous South Wales!!
Posts: 8,896
Default

from what I have been told by my club chairman (so I assume it is correct) but for regionals, the 2007 battery list is still being allowed, but not for Nationals.
__________________
dragon paints : team tekin : fusion hobbies :SCHUMACHER RACING : Nuclear R/C for all my sticky and slippery stuff - if it needs gluing or lubing, Nuclear RC is the man!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-04-2008
bert digler's Avatar
bert digler bert digler is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 500yds from matty simpson
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS1 View Post
Can anyone help me out with this!!
I just purchased 6 packs of EP Enrichpower matched 4600mah batteries ( NOT Cheap when you aint sponsered!! ) which I understood to be race legal to IFMAR/ROAR/EFRA/BRCA rules.
I now find out that they don't have some "08" sticker on them and are therefore NOT race legal at BRCA National events, as per the Electric Board rules. This in its self aint a problem as I'm not doing any National events this year! However, I am doing the Regionals!!
Now I'v looked, but I cannot find anything saying these cells are Illegal at Regional level. The approved battery list on the BRCA website even say's:
'Only cells detailed below are approved for BRCA NATIONAL events in 2008'
Is this a loophole in the BRCA rules? Or has my first season back just gone out the window before it's even started?
I can not afford to see £250+ go down the drain!! And it's the first Regional this Sunday!!!!
Help and advise is needed please!!!!!
thry are legal mate enrich power 4600
__________________
who knows who cares
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-04-2008
losixxx's Avatar
losixxx losixxx is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: worcester
Posts: 1,907
Default

http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...2008%20pdf.pdf

from what i can see there not on the 2007 list and need to have th 08 sticker/mark on to be legal from the 2008 list...

if thats the case then there not regional legal
__________________
AC S4-LRP SPHERE TC-KO2123-NOVAK 5.5L

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-04-2008
mark christopher's Avatar
mark christopher mark christopher is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: haxey, doncaster
Posts: 7,787
Send a message via MSN to mark christopher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/n...2008%20pdf.pdf

from what i can see there not on the 2007 list and need to have th 08 sticker/mark on to be legal from the 2008 list...

if thats the case then there not regional legal
thats how i see it, to be ok for regional they hve to be on the 2007 list
__________________
MBModels - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech.co.uk - MRT - Savox - SMD
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-04-2008
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,258
Default

or as Chris says the 08 list.

I can't find those cells on either list. Where did you buy them from? Surely and decent UK shop would know the situation and if you bought 6 packs your almost certainly a racer so ..... maybe you have a case for being mis-sold and thus maybe you can get them exchanged or a refund .... not 100% sure on that side of the law though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-04-2008
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS1 View Post
Can anyone help me out with this!!
I just purchased 6 packs of EP Enrichpower matched 4600mah batteries ( NOT Cheap when you aint sponsered!! ) which I understood to be race legal to IFMAR/ROAR/EFRA/BRCA rules.
I now find out that they don't have some "08" sticker on them and are therefore NOT race legal at BRCA National events, as per the Electric Board rules. This in its self aint a problem as I'm not doing any National events this year! However, I am doing the Regionals!!
Now I'v looked, but I cannot find anything saying these cells are Illegal at Regional level. The approved battery list on the BRCA website even say's:
'Only cells detailed below are approved for BRCA NATIONAL events in 2008'
Is this a loophole in the BRCA rules? Or has my first season back just gone out the window before it's even started?
I can not afford to see £250+ go down the drain!! And it's the first Regional this Sunday!!!!
Help and advise is needed please!!!!!
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.

If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-04-2008
markwilliamson2001's Avatar
markwilliamson2001 markwilliamson2001 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ledbury, Herefordshire
Posts: 1,889
Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.

If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.
Agreed. get it from the people who know. However I would agree that if they are not onthe 07 list AND 08 list they are probably NOT legal. best get in contact with CharlieF anyway.
__________________
:: AE B5MCE - SP 7.5 v3.0 Brushless Motor - Reedy Shorty Lipo - Savox Servo - Spektrum Rx ::
:: Paint By Turnip Paint ::
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-04-2008
markwilliamson2001's Avatar
markwilliamson2001 markwilliamson2001 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ledbury, Herefordshire
Posts: 1,889
Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.

If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.
Agreed. get it from the people who know. However I would agree that if they are not onthe 07 list AND 08 list they are probably NOT legal. best get in contact with CharlieF anyway.
__________________
:: AE B5MCE - SP 7.5 v3.0 Brushless Motor - Reedy Shorty Lipo - Savox Servo - Spektrum Rx ::
:: Paint By Turnip Paint ::
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-04-2008
DanW's Avatar
DanW DanW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 328
Default

Enrichpower 4600 are not on the 2007 list, the ones homologated for 2008 list are identified by "***08***" on the heatshrink (in very small print).

Similar applies to IB cells, the heatshrink colours have been chaged for identification of 08 spec cells.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-05-2008
Northy's Avatar
Northy Northy is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire - Gods Country
Posts: 8,364
Blog Entries: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
You should email Charlie Fraser (Charlie F on oOple) he is the offroad secretary and will now the real answer.

If you ask a question like that on a forum you will get 20 wrong answers. You are going to get peoples opinion not the actual facts.

Craig, I think you will find that the correct phrase is "stupid forums"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com