Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2008
Fiddybux's Avatar
Fiddybux Fiddybux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Warrington
Posts: 625
Default What other makes of Rx work with Sanwa Gemini II Tx?

Just blown my RX-311 mucking about in the rain, and wondering what other types (maybe Hi-Tech) work with Sanwa Gemini II transmitter and crystals? Or would I need different crystals as well?

Any ideas. Anyone know?

Thanks.
__________________
X-5^2 :: CR2 :: XXX-T MF


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2008
JCJC's Avatar
JCJC JCJC is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oxon
Posts: 1,663
Default

Have used a HiTec HFS-03MM, use the Sanwa crystals
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-2008
Fiddybux's Avatar
Fiddybux Fiddybux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Warrington
Posts: 625
Default

Ok, that's cool. And they're more readily available and cheaper too. Hopefully interference wouldn't be a problem with the HiTec HFS-03MM.

Anyone know of any others, just so I have some options?
__________________
X-5^2 :: CR2 :: XXX-T MF


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2008
markwilliamson2001's Avatar
markwilliamson2001 markwilliamson2001 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ledbury, Herefordshire
Posts: 1,889
Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default

I guess any Std Futaba type receiver would work, so long as you use Sanwa xtals. I don't think KO stuff works tho, but don't quote me on that.
__________________
:: AE B5MCE - SP 7.5 v3.0 Brushless Motor - Reedy Shorty Lipo - Savox Servo - Spektrum Rx ::
:: Paint By Turnip Paint ::
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2008
mobile chicane's Avatar
mobile chicane mobile chicane is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 431
Default

the cheap cirrus ones work £15 from hobbystores amongst others from memory use the sanwa xtals though
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2008
Fiddybux's Avatar
Fiddybux Fiddybux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Warrington
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile chicane View Post
the cheap cirrus ones work £15 from hobbystores amongst others from memory use the sanwa xtals though
What, this little £8.99 thing (it's all I could find)?

http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/asp/FS_...mid=CRX0401/40

At that price I'll be driving through every puddle I can find!
__________________
X-5^2 :: CR2 :: XXX-T MF


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2008
Slimboyfat Slimboyfat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 309
Default

I use Sanwa Exzes...I've used KO 297 and the Ko receiver with the carbon look.

You will need to always use Sanwa Xtals whatever reciever you end up using.
__________________
Matt Osland-Jones
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-2008
rowanp25 rowanp25 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: glasgow
Posts: 254
Default

i use mine with a novak xxl receiver always have stick with sanwa xtals though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-05-2008
DanW's Avatar
DanW DanW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 328
Default

Why didn't you come to Bury Russ???? you could of joined a mass orgy of blowing eletrics!!!

Are you sure its blown, open up the case and stick it in the airing cupboard, might just be damp inside.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-05-2008
westie's Avatar
westie westie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hereford
Posts: 899
Send a message via Skype™ to westie
Default

Hitec hfs-03mm works
Novak xxl
Nosram recievers
lrp recievers work
futaba one work too
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-05-2008
Fiddybux's Avatar
Fiddybux Fiddybux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Warrington
Posts: 625
Default

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Just as a little update, some guy from a shop got back to me about those cheap Cirrus ones and they will work but there is 15% range reduction. Don't know how much of an authority on the subject he is though, but this seems to make sense. Cheap receiver = short range.

Dan - glad I stayed away to be honest. The reason I didn't come is that when I got up at 8am it was sunny, but they the weather turned really bad and there was thunder and lightning round my way. I thought about all the times I got soaked at Bury in the past, and all the times they'd called off the final and I had second thoughts. Turns out they called off the final again huh!
__________________
X-5^2 :: CR2 :: XXX-T MF


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-05-2008
DanW's Avatar
DanW DanW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddybux View Post

Dan - glad I stayed away to be honest. The reason I didn't come is that when I got up at 8am it was sunny, but they the weather turned really bad and there was thunder and lightning round my way. I thought about all the times I got soaked at Bury in the past, and all the times they'd called off the final and I had second thoughts. Turns out they called off the final again huh!
Finals didn't get called off, the club let the drivers vote on running finals and about 70% voted to race the finals. Some drivers opted not to run.

You blew your RX up bashing anyway so you should of come and at least blown it up during racing!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-05-2008
Fiddybux's Avatar
Fiddybux Fiddybux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Warrington
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW View Post
Finals didn't get called off, the club let the drivers vote on running finals and about 70% voted to race the finals. Some drivers opted not to run.

You blew your RX up bashing anyway so you should of come and at least blown it up during racing!
Actually just got wet...it works fine now.
__________________
X-5^2 :: CR2 :: XXX-T MF


Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com