Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22-06-2008
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default X-celorin S problems

First time out and I have problems already. I am running it with a 7.5R in 2wd.

Firstly I am very unimpressed by the performance, car feels slow and underpowered compared to running the GTB.

Secondly, with Lipos in and the Lipo cutoff "on" I am finding that the speedo will occasionally cutout when I gun the throttle and I have to let off the power and reapply the power.

I haven't done any fiddling with it yet, but has anyone else had and/or cured these problems?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-06-2008
sparrow.2's Avatar
sparrow.2 sparrow.2 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Langenfeld/Germany
Posts: 1,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
First time out and I have problems already. I am running it with a 7.5R in 2wd.

Firstly I am very unimpressed by the performance, car feels slow and underpowered compared to running the GTB.

Secondly, with Lipos in and the Lipo cutoff "on" I am finding that the speedo will occasionally cutout when I gun the throttle and I have to let off the power and reapply the power.

I haven't done any fiddling with it yet, but has anyone else had and/or cured these problems?

Have you tried fiddling with the power profiles?

When it cuts out under power does the steering still work or is it your receiver going to failsave? Does it happen with a freshly charged lipo or with one that you've run for x minutes?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-06-2008
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

not fiddled at all yet.

Lipo fully charged is fine, after 2 minutes ish it starts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-06-2008
strobe's Avatar
strobe strobe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hereford
Posts: 821
Default

Hi Craig.
When i 1st used my Esc it seamed sluggish, About 75% speed.
Have a look through instructions on page 14, Set up/ calibration to transmitter. Done this and it has Worked ok since..
__________________
Associated SC10.
Associated RC8.
Atomic Carbon S4.
Paint by Wezzer.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-06-2008
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Cheers Mark, I think that's fixed it. We'll see Saturday.... if I get blown away down the straight then I obviously haven.t LOL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-06-2008
silky silky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 85
Default

Craig, was it doing the same as mine was?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-06-2008
Stouf Stouf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Default

I'm interested in buying the xcelorin s speed control.
Any positive feedback ?

It's a lot cheaper than a LRP sphere.
spec look the same...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-06-2008
peetbee's Avatar
peetbee peetbee is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Posts: 4,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
Cheers Mark, I think that's fixed it. We'll see Saturday.... if I get blown away down the straight then I obviously haven.t LOL
Did it work ok Craig?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com