Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-12-2008
jim76 jim76 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ruislip
Posts: 2,890
Default thank god Hamilton didn't get SPOTY!!

hurrah, so glad Hoy won it
__________________
4wd - X4TE
2wd - X2C (Mad Rat passed down to son!)

Ansmann Racing UK


RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-12-2008
jordi15 jordi15 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
hurrah, so glad Hoy won it


you bloody misery!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-12-2008
Col's Avatar
Col Col is offline
Awesome Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: York
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to Col
Default

I have to agree that Hoy did deserve to win, but I don't understand why some don't like Hamiton
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-12-2008
jim76 jim76 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ruislip
Posts: 2,890
Default

probably the fact he has no personality, just a PR script to read from all the time. At least that's how he seems.

He (only just) won it against a very weak field. doesn;t handle pressure very well. And sodded off abroad as soon as he made millions so he doesn't have to put any tax back into the country that made him.

Hoy doesn't earn millions, he wasn't groomed from an early age to go straight into one of the only cars capable of winning a race. It's just him against another guy(s) with there years of dedicated training coming down to a couple of minutes on a track.

Where do you honestly think hamilton would have come in the championship this year if he was in say a red bull? do you think he would even be in the top 10 short list for Spoty then?
__________________
4wd - X4TE
2wd - X2C (Mad Rat passed down to son!)

Ansmann Racing UK


RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-12-2008
General Accident General Accident is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 162
Default

Yes I have to agree. Hoy may be a superior athlete altho I think Becky Adlington is one better - no tech for her other than a swimsuit and hat - but the comp is Sports "Personality" and Hamilton is way too manufactured in my opinion to have a personality. Did Jenson Button (or Cheers Jense as Louise Goodman keeps calling him) ever win it? He cleared off abroad as soon as he'd earned a few quid as well.

By the way, I didn't watch it but was Hamiltons dad mooching in the background looking pensive as usual?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-12-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

I heard his dad was already half way down the steps to collect the award for him
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-12-2008
jim76 jim76 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ruislip
Posts: 2,890
Default

lol @ lee

Adlington, Murray, if fact most of the other nominees should have been ahead of him.
__________________
4wd - X4TE
2wd - X2C (Mad Rat passed down to son!)

Ansmann Racing UK


RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14-12-2008
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

Ive never been keen on Hamilton til today. Just got back from the Race of Champions where I saw Hoy and Hamilton before they flew off up to Liverpool. Must say was impressed with Hamilton.
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14-12-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

I aggree im glas hamilton didnt win. Im not keen on hamilton he doesnt represent britain IMO.

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-12-2008
Darren Boyle Darren Boyle is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Watford, Herts
Posts: 4,501
Default

WOW Ash thats harsh...LOL

First you want to glass (glas) him then you say he dont represent Britain, do you mean in an Ali G kind of way - issit cos I iz Black!! (only joking before anyone rips me to shreads)

I thought he or Calzaghe would win it to be honest purely on the publicity each of their two sports generate, good to see a sportsman from a "lesser publicised" sport get the award.

I bet Lewis is p***** he won his first world title in an Olympic year!!!!
__________________
ORCA - LC RACING - RUDDOG PRODUCTS - JCONCEPTS - ALPHA PLUS - TEKIN RACING - ULTRAPOWER
AVID R/C - VAMPIRE RACING - EXOTEK RACING - LUNSFORD RACING - X-FACTORY - TUNING HAUS - WTF
AME - RAGE R/C - REVOLUTION DESIGN RACING PRODUCTS - McKUNE DESIGN - TEAM AZARASHI
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14-12-2008
jono83's Avatar
jono83 jono83 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 1,365
Send a message via MSN to jono83
Default

i would edit that if i where you ash lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14-12-2008
Evsie Evsie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South West Wales
Posts: 327
Default

I may be Welsh, but Joe Calzaghe should've taken it hands down I'm sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15-12-2008
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evsie View Post
I may be Welsh, but Joe Calzaghe should've taken it hands down I'm sorry.
Didn't he win it last year? Id have liked him to do it again though.
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15-12-2008
jono83's Avatar
jono83 jono83 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 1,365
Send a message via MSN to jono83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Didn't he win it last year? Id have liked him to do it again though.
yeah he did win it last year, what a year he has had again though
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15-12-2008
jim76 jim76 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ruislip
Posts: 2,890
Default

Calzaghe is a great fighter, but i don't think the Jones fight was a vintage by any means. Jones was so washed up it was untrue which i think counted against Joe. People think he took the soft/money option, which given it's probably his last fight you can't argue with.
__________________
4wd - X4TE
2wd - X2C (Mad Rat passed down to son!)

Ansmann Racing UK


RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15-12-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post

(only joking before anyone rips me to shreads)
Where is Glypo today

Ash, You have done a full circle, your spelling is so bad its great


But your right ash, sunday night is racism night for the british public
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-12-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,142
Default

He doesnt do anything for us he doesnt even live in our country I dont like him.

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
WOW Ash thats harsh...LOL

First you want to glass (glas) him then you say he dont represent Britain, do you mean in an Ali G kind of way - issit cos I iz Black!! (only joking before anyone rips me to shreads)

I thought he or Calzaghe would win it to be honest purely on the publicity each of their two sports generate, good to see a sportsman from a "lesser publicised" sport get the award.

I bet Lewis is p***** he won his first world title in an Olympic year!!!!
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-12-2008
DaveG28's Avatar
DaveG28 DaveG28 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 3,736
Default

I'm still hoping there's a less obvious explanation for what Ash said!! Edit: Cheers for clearing it up!!!

Hamilton should have moved to the Isle of Man and become a special constable, that's personality, like it or loathe it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-12-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
He doesnt do anything for us he doesnt even live in our country I dont like him.

A
Neither does Gil losi but you love him


I think your very narrow minded ash, why does someone have to live in the uk or do something for you for you to like them ?
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15-12-2008
jono83's Avatar
jono83 jono83 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 1,365
Send a message via MSN to jono83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Neither does Gil losi but you love him


I think your very narrow minded ash, why does someone have to live in the uk or do something for you for you to like them ?
lmao
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com