|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi.
I am running nimh in a non-squared X-6, and cannot run my cells in 4+2. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to how much weight I need to use and where to put it to reduce understeer during acceleration? I have removed the anti squat shims, running silver springs all round(associated shocks) and 30wt oil all round. Ride height is level. Running good tyres front and rear. Does anyone have any ideas how to improve steering under power without having to change my battery configurations? Cheers Lloyd
__________________
I intend to live forever........so far so good. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Your setup sounds abit off for running nimh cells, when I used to run associated shocks on the old X6 i had 30wt in the rear with green springs and 35wt with silver or blue springs upfront, if your getting bad understeer if you have 2 dead spare cells laying about put those in the 2cell slot or add some weight into the 2cell slot or ontop of the servo if the car isn't giving you enough steering.
Generaly the X6 does understeer on acceleration quite alot anyhow. More details of your setup and what tracks your racing on and what tyres will make it easier to help you.
__________________
Custom MG-Racing Associated DMS |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
whats stopping you from running the cells 4x2 as there supposed to be??
when we ran ae shocks we ran it with silver or green springs on the rear,25 to 30 wt oil and number 1 piston,on the front silver or blue springs, number 2 piston 35-40wt oil.are you running the espeed hangers on the rear? try running the 3 degree toe in block on the rear, we need to know more of your set up, IE surface,shock positions,ride hight etc
__________________
Mattys the driver,my names carl
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Carl is right on -- all X - 6s, original or Squared, wallow like a pig with a stick pack across the back. There was a thread on here a while ago about it, so I don't want to repeat everything, but the upshot is that you can install a 4+2 pack anywhere a stick pack goes and it's no real work to make the pack -- take out a bar and replace with a wire.
The whole concept of the X - 6 is about weight distribution, and when you throw it severely off with a stick pack across the back, you give up the advantage of the car. Why do we run LiPo across the back? Because a LiPo stick very closely approximates 4 cells. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi guys,
Thanks for the advice. I am running the E speed hangers, the track I have been running on is carpet, but I am going to have a play at TORCH tommorrow on astro turf. Tyres were mini pin yellows on the carpet. Front silver spring / 30wt oil yellow minipins hub spacing forward (spacer behind hub carrier) no toe in or out 1 degree camber tie rod outer position on shock mount.( the shock mount with vertical ball studs if that makes any difference) 1 thin washer under ballstud tie rod outer position on hub. ride height - axles level shock mount inner on wishbone, 2nd most inner hole on shock tower Rear Silver spring / 30wt oil 1 degree camber no trans shims no anti squat shims shock position middle on wishbone and 2nd most inner on shock tower middle hub spacing Plastic hubs, tie rod on the outer most hole. e speed hangers This is how it was running on Friday, I have just put some weight (30g) ontop of servo, and put the green springs on the rear. There are 2 reasons I can't run 4+2, one because I share my cells with my tc, and they wouldn't fit. Other reason is I have a smart tray and they won't fit in it. ![]() I think I will just bite the bullet and go lipo. I'm fed up of discharging anyway Thanks for the helpful advice so far, I didn't realise the X-6 crew were this friendly/helpful! Cheers Lloyd
__________________
I intend to live forever........so far so good. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks youngchazz, that makes alot of sense......... I think that answers my questions completely. It's time to go lipo.......
__________________
I intend to live forever........so far so good. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
![]() On the TC, just make sure that the jumper is on the outside of the car (not close to the belt) and voilà. I used a Smart Tray when I ran 4+2 cells (as I believe most of the X-Factory Team) and I had no problems fitting the cells in.
__________________
Schumacher KF | K1 Aero | RWS RZ6R |MiniZ MR-03 | Orion R10 esc | LRP motors | Orion 90c lipos Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff My trader feedback |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
If he's got a TC that only holds them at each end they need to be sticks
![]() New or older car, LIPO is so much easier to use for so many reasons (big LIPO fan after an initial sceptic). Even with the lighter (4 cell equivilent) lipo we still can 100g+ of lead to the front of the car so with 6 cell weight across the back I can only imagine how bad that on power understeer is. So short answer is get lipo and some lead for front of car or keep 6 cells and get a LOT of lead for the front of the car
__________________
Nortech is ACE! |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Now I was told at school never to assume anything. That assumption is the mother of all f**k ups. And I assumed that 4+2 wouldn't fit
![]() Oooops. My bad. I will get the soldring iron out and re-configure my cells. Thanks guys.
__________________
I intend to live forever........so far so good. |
![]() |
|
|