Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2010
PaulRotheram's Avatar
PaulRotheram PaulRotheram is offline
Supah doOpah
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,863
Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram
Default Lrp shark springs

Just looking to see if there's a spring set available for the shark, would like a couple different ones to play around with.
And if not, what are the common weights/colours everyone goes for?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-10-2010
RCAshers's Avatar
RCAshers RCAshers is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 229
Default

Hi Paul most used springs are kit there are green springs slightly firmer and yellows slightly softer but most people go back to kit. Regards Ashley
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-10-2010
PaulRotheram's Avatar
PaulRotheram PaulRotheram is offline
Supah doOpah
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,863
Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram
Default

Are the kit ones black? That's the colour I have on the ones I've picked up at the moment.
Do you have green springs by chance? Need to email you Regarding pinion today too!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-10-2010
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Kit springs are black, yes.

I run greens all round on mine
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-10-2010
Danosborne6661's Avatar
Danosborne6661 Danosborne6661 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,301
Default

I use the slightly firmer greens but raw them as the green looks gay
The black LRP springs are identical to the FTX yellows too

Also the blue springs are the same rate as the greens even though they are labeled 'Extra firm'

All the coloured roll-bars are also identical so don't try tuning the roll bars against one another, there's no difference
__________________
Schumacher • Phat Bodies

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-10-2010
Jonesy Jonesy is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
I use the slightly firmer greens but raw them as the green looks gay
The black LRP springs are identical to the FTX yellows too

Also the blue springs are the same rate as the greens even though they are labeled 'Extra firm'

All the coloured roll-bars are also identical so don't try tuning the roll bars against one another, there's no difference

Not fully in agreement with your comments on the springs Dan. I tried the Blues the other day during spring testing and I found the Blues to be a lot firmer than the greens on the front, took them straight off!

Rothers - I have some springs if you're coming along to EPOR on Friday??
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-10-2010
PaulRotheram's Avatar
PaulRotheram PaulRotheram is offline
Supah doOpah
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,863
Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram
Default

Cheers for the info guys!
I thought as much on the roll bars, all the same thickness!!
Jonesy can't make it this Friday as I'm working but trying to get a shift swapped for the one after if you can keep them for me please?
Looking to run my LWB before formby starts!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14-10-2010
Oscar's Avatar
Oscar Oscar is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,528
Default

My car was originally an MB4 not a shark, so I bought all the springs. My Blues are quite a bit firmer than the greens. I have no idea where the black Shark kit ones sit in comparison?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com