Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19-10-2010
The Bod's Avatar
The Bod The Bod is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleborough
Posts: 250
Default Indoor racing on Sunday

Hi all

Can somebody recommend what will be the best sort of tyres for the indoor racing at Coney? Did someone say it was a slippery polished floor?

Thanks
Graham
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-10-2010
Si Coe's Avatar
Si Coe Si Coe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan - World of Pies!
Posts: 2,737
Default

We've got carpet. Lots of carpet. There may be the odd uncarpeted 'slippery' section, but the vast majority of the track will be carpet.
Yellow Minipins are probably the weapon of choice, but in typical Schumacher style nobody has any in stock ATM because people want them. Foams would be great if you have them (good luck getting some!). Most I suspect will be using lightly worn yellow minispikes as these work well enough and most racers have a set or two.
__________________

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-10-2010
The Bod's Avatar
The Bod The Bod is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleborough
Posts: 250
Default

Thanks Si for the advice

See you all on Sunday
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-10-2010
ironmangav's Avatar
ironmangav ironmangav is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: preston brook
Posts: 125
Default

do we have to enter beforehand or is on the day ok?
Is there a limit to entrys?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-10-2010
Si Coe's Avatar
Si Coe Si Coe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan - World of Pies!
Posts: 2,737
Default

Its a regular Sunday club meet, but its indoors in a sports hall rather than out doors in the cold on a track being demolished.

No need to pre-book and no entry limit. This isn't like Chadderton. Well it isn't yet at least. If it gets real busy we'll have to see.....
__________________

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-10-2010
qatmix's Avatar
qatmix qatmix is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,209
Default

will trucks be ok for sunday? I have a slash that I want to give a test run
__________________
http://www.thercracer.com/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-10-2010
Si Coe's Avatar
Si Coe Si Coe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan - World of Pies!
Posts: 2,737
Default

AFAIK yes, but you have to be very careful running trucks - it just encourages Johnny to bring out that Hyper SC of his.........
__________________

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-10-2010
johnnygibbon's Avatar
johnnygibbon johnnygibbon is offline
Gypsy Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: on the hill
Posts: 1,073
Default

lets get it on truck boys
rubbin is racing apparently
__________________
B6.1
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-10-2010
birdy's Avatar
birdy birdy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tyldesley
Posts: 880
Send a message via MSN to birdy
Default

Depending on Weather me and the NNRC boys might be down with the trucks.
__________________
Bury Metro - Club Chairman

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-10-2010
The race controller's Avatar
The race controller The race controller is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Radcliffe
Posts: 599
Default

You're welcome.
Might even have enough to fill a heat.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 21-10-2010
The race controller's Avatar
The race controller The race controller is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Radcliffe
Posts: 599
Default Another thing

While I'm on.
If we could lay the carpet out first thing on Sunday.
We can then make a track to suit.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-10-2010
ryanlownie's Avatar
ryanlownie ryanlownie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Middleton
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
Depending on Weather me and the NNRC boys might be down with the trucks.
And buggy!

Also guys anyone needing Mini Pins, we did have very limited stock when I left this evening. If you really need them I'd suggest calling in the morning to see if they're available still, I know the stock situations been a bit crap everywhere in the past week.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22-10-2010
budfish's Avatar
budfish budfish is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rochdale,Manchester
Posts: 1,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry @ JE Spares View Post
And buggy!

Also guys anyone needing Mini Pins, we did have very limited stock when I left this evening. If you really need them I'd suggest calling in the morning to see if they're available still, I know the stock situations been a bit crap everywhere in the past week.
Or you could try roundabout always seem to have tyres in stock Ross mods carry plenty aswell if these don't have them your screwed!!

Buds
__________________

http://budsballs.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 22-10-2010
minke's Avatar
minke minke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 336
Default

What time Sunday morning? Early enough to still taste last nights curry? or 10-11 ish?
__________________
Durango DEX410 Tekin rs pro/x12 6.5T
DEX210 with Tekin and 6.5T
Schumacher Cougar sv2 pro
Ansmann Mad Rat, Mad monkey, Macnum
Tamiya FAV, Tamiya Hornet
Tamiya Grasshopper, Tamiya Hotshot
Ansmann X4SC, Ansmann X4SC pro
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22-10-2010
budfish's Avatar
budfish budfish is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rochdale,Manchester
Posts: 1,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minke View Post
What time Sunday morning? Early enough to still taste last nights curry? or 10-11 ish?
The only reason you can taste last nights curry is because half of it's still round your mouth!!!
__________________

http://budsballs.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 22-10-2010
The race controller's Avatar
The race controller The race controller is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Radcliffe
Posts: 599
Default Early start

Quote:
Originally Posted by minke View Post
What time Sunday morning? Early enough to still taste last nights curry? or 10-11 ish?
We can get in at 11:30
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 23-10-2010
shanks shanks is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
The only reason you can taste last nights curry is because half of it's still round your mouth!!!
You need to teach him the art of food preservation, you know not spilling a drop, never dropping a crumb

Seems you are an expert at that game
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 23-10-2010
budfish's Avatar
budfish budfish is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rochdale,Manchester
Posts: 1,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks View Post
You need to teach him the art of food preservation, you know not spilling a drop, never dropping a crumb

Seems you are an expert at that game
Better than being a sexpert trained in the art deviancy I won't go any further I know how you cry when I mention your perverted and twisted ways
I darent think of the kind of things you've had around your mouth I.e some strangers arsehole , your mates deposits obviouslly I'm just guessing
There is a moral to this story people in glass houses and shit
__________________

http://budsballs.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 23-10-2010
Si Coe's Avatar
Si Coe Si Coe is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wigan - World of Pies!
Posts: 2,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Better than being a sexpert trained in the art deviancy I won't go any further I know how you cry when I mention your perverted and twisted ways
I darent think of the kind of things you've had around your mouth I.e some strangers arsehole , your mates come obviouslly I'm just guessing
There is a moral to this story people in glass houses and shit
You probably can see people who live in glass houses taking a shit. Not than anyone (except Shanks) would want to.
__________________

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 23-10-2010
shanks shanks is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Better than being a sexpert trained in the art deviancy I won't go any further I know how you cry when I mention your perverted and twisted ways
I darent think of the kind of things you've had around your mouth I.e some strangers arsehole , your mates deposits obviouslly I'm just guessing
There is a moral to this story people in glass houses and shit
Yeh tbh I was a bit chocked about tasting yr deposit after going down on yr mrs
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com