Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-08-2011
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default Vega Elite - Kyosho RB5 'new' longer chassis

Many of you may know or have seen the Team Vega lads testing a new longer chassis amongst other things. We are always trying to improve on what is already a great car and recently different length chassis have been in testing.

At the Southport National I fitted a new 10mm longer chassis for the first time as I was away on holiday when some of the testing got done.
I changed after round 2 of the National and I straight away went near half a second a lap quicker and more importantly the car was so so much easier to drive, even round the demanding Southport track and without any testing of my own either.
I trsusted Jon's judgement to just stick to my normal set up and see the change. Same shocks and so on, just a chassis change. After the first run I changed to a slightly softer front spring to introduce a little more steering to normal as this new chassis makes the rear of the car even safer than ever before so a little more steering to go even quicker was needed. The car was just great everywhere to the degree it took some courage to go quicker through some section not beliving the car could do it. Bumpy sections were so much easier.
Jon Spencer was putting in top 10 in round times through the day and that was enough to get him 12th at the National.
Kevin Lee (set up King himself - LOL) got 3rd in the main A Final running the same chassis.

I have just spoken to Lewis at Team XTreme and he is putting the chassis in production for all, so I suppose get on the email and let them know if you want one or get in touch with 'InsideLine' as no doubt Kev will stock it too.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-08-2011
styleone's Avatar
styleone styleone is offline
oOple Journalist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Many of you may know or have seen the Team Vega lads testing a new longer chassis amongst other things. We are always trying to improve on what is already a great car and recently different length chassis have been in testing.

At the Southport National I fitted a new 10mm longer chassis for the first time as I was away on holiday when some of the testing got done.
I changed after round 2 of the National and I straight away went near half a second a lap quicker and more importantly the car was so so much easier to drive, even round the demanding Southport track and without any testing of my own either.
I trsusted Jon's judgement to just stick to my normal set up and see the change. Same shocks and so on, just a chassis change. After the first run I changed to a slightly softer front spring to introduce a little more steering to normal as this new chassis makes the rear of the car even safer than ever before so a little more steering to go even quicker was needed. The car was just great everywhere to the degree it took some courage to go quicker through some section not beliving the car could do it. Bumpy sections were so much easier.
Jon Spencer was putting in top 10 in round times through the day and that was enough to get him 12th at the National.
Kevin Lee (set up King himself - LOL) got 3rd in the main A Final running the same chassis.

I have just spoken to Lewis at Team XTreme and he is putting the chassis in production for all, so I suppose get on the email and let them know if you want one or get in touch with 'InsideLine' as no doubt Kev will stock it too.
WOW! Sounds brilliant Tony Did I read your post correctly mate? Are Xtreme doing this longer chassis for all Vega models? Any ideas on retail price for the finished product yet?

Cant wait to try one out
__________________
Team Durango - Inside Line Racing - Rudebits - dBoots - Trakpower

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-08-2011
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by styleone View Post
WOW! Sounds brilliant Tony Are Xtreme doing this longer chassis for all Vega models? Any ideas on retail price for the finished product yet? Cant wait to try one out
Hi yah Stuart, I just don't know mate. A quick email to them and you will know what's what. I would guess at yes to a request for a longer chassis on the other models but I have no idea on the pricing - sorry.
By the way the shell still fits perfect, just drill another front mounting hole.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-08-2011
njc11's Avatar
njc11 njc11 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,116
Default

Have to say watching Kev's and John's on the saturday they looked so much better.. Looked really stable and easier/safer car to drive all round! The original is still very good, but i found it a very nervey drive..hence prefering my usual ride.. I for one will be trying a longer chassis at somepoint i reckon..
Will you be bringing a chassis to the F2's Mr E?
Oh that part you want is UMW519!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-08-2011
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default

Hi Nick, thanks, I was looking for that part number yestersday when a put my order in for the Euros. I will be running the longer chassis at the F2s and I have no doubt you guys could too if you give XTreme a shout - more than enough time for your chassis to be at the F2s - less than 10 mins to change over if your electrics are mounted on the centre weight.....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-08-2011
styleone's Avatar
styleone styleone is offline
oOple Journalist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 1,056
Arrow longer vega chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Hi yah Stuart, I just don't know mate. A quick email to them and you will know what's what. I would guess at yes to a request for a longer chassis on the other models but I have no idea on the pricing - sorry.
By the way the shell still fits perfect, just drill another front mounting hole.
Cheers Tony mate,

I'm going to get in touch with Lewis or Kev and try and gather some more recon info for my 201 vega I've got the Rudebits brass slapped up in mine so all electrics are mounted on top, a quick change round as you suggest mate. Thanks for posting, let us know how yours runs next outing mate

__________________
Team Durango - Inside Line Racing - Rudebits - dBoots - Trakpower

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com