|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi All,
Just before Xmas I managed to blow up my old soldering iron......it was 15 years old so I can't complain! I am looking for a replacement. I have always used the 'pistol-type' irons, but none of the High Street places seem to sell them anymore. Plenty on the web. Before I splash the cash can anyone recommend a particular make/model, stick or pistol-type soldering iron? I will have one more look in the shops tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
i bought the core one,its like a branding iron,awsome when you get used to it,just dont leave it on else it glows cherry red
,i just leave it on till it melts the solder,then turn it off and carry on,it stays hot enought for ages |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
If it's 12v, the Sealey 12v 40w one is fantastic and only a tenner:
http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Solderi...-Sealey-SD1240 |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Is this ok been looking for a new soldering iron for awhile now seen this in Maplins too looks ok for home use but trackside might be a problem unless you've got a genny / mains power http://www.maplin.co.uk/60w-professi...tection-511927 |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks for the replies.
Sorry, should have said, it's 240v. Thanks |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
__________________________ TLR 22 B44.2 |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
If its a decent iron you are after I would recommend a weller 75w 240v iron. They have an 8mm tip and can be used for almost anything. Around 35 quid but well worth it.
|
![]() |
|
|