Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22-05-2008
Spencer Mulcahy's Avatar
Spencer Mulcahy Spencer Mulcahy is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rossendale
Posts: 1,305
Default My X6

I ran my X6 for the third time on Sunday at Southport at the third round of the North west regionals. When the track was built I went out and had a practise started out with the car still set up as it was at Oswestry national. This is the same setup I used on the rear of my B4 30 wt oil 1 hole piston and silver spring but on the front I ran the same oil and piston 35wt 2 hole but changed the spring to silver. Even though it is the same setup it feels alot softer on the bench which I felt should be stiffer then I was talking to Mr Lathem abouth this and he told me to leave it as the car runs better soft.
After practise I was pleasantly pleased with how the car handled and felt. Round one I started a bit steady then realised that I could push a bit harder I have never been over the back section at Southport so fast and the car be in control, didnt make a mistake alll race won the race ended up 7th in round well happy.
The second round I put blue springs on the front to give a bit less steering I must have got a bit giddy and roled the car a couple of times ended up second and 9th in round not to bad.
The third round went back to silver springs on the front as it felt better in round one and tried to stop over jumping the double, the car jumps very well and can be controled in the air very easily. I was on for an 11 lap run but got tangled up with a back marker (not his fault should have tried to pass him in a better place) missed out on 11 laps by 1 second but won the heat and got a 6th in round still happy.
For the 4th round left the car as it was and went out to try and get that 11 lapper that I was so close to in the last round which I did after another clean race (which for me is a bloody miracle) won this heat as well and ended up 7th in round.
So I was 7th on the gride in the A final only my second regional A final ever so happy with that. Got a good start from the warble up to 4th after the first few corners stayed like that for the first few laps then my arse fell out and went to fifth calmed myself down a bit for the next few laps then roled it again and the following two cars went past back to 7th which is where I ended up at the end so didnt improve on my starting point but I was well happy. Jim Dixon came up to me after the final asking why I had put it on its roof and let him through as he could not catch me other wise (cheers Jim made me feel good). Well I am well pleased with this car people have been telling me to get one for ages but I have only just been able to afford one and I am well happy with it lets hope that it carrys on this good.

Sorry peeps for the length of this post I am on nights and it is all quiet at the mo so I though I would bore you all.

Cheers Spen.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-05-2008
MikePimlott's Avatar
MikePimlott MikePimlott is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,729
Default

I agree completely mate. Same scenario for me 6 months ago and now ive got my X6 how i like it and im making good times. just need to work on the driver now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-05-2008
niggs98's Avatar
niggs98 niggs98 is offline
Woop Woop Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: birchington kent
Posts: 1,682
Default

nice seee people who feel the same about the x6. i really like mine as its just so easy to drive all the time and is even better since mr rafa stafford helped me with a set up. roll on talywain
__________________
Nathan Ralls HPI, Custom Blitz, www.piraterc.com mr-o foams

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-05-2008
bigred5765's Avatar
bigred5765 bigred5765 is offline
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chorley
Posts: 8,474
Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765
Default

Na naaaa told ya lol,the car is so easy to drive fast, glad the silver ae springs worked for ya,the whole car can be run softer than a b4,without it biting your ass,good on ya spenc, f2 next year me thinks.i have loads of set up sheets for ya as well all ae shocks see you at bury.
__________________
Mattys the driver,my names carl
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-05-2008
Spencer Mulcahy's Avatar
Spencer Mulcahy Spencer Mulcahy is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rossendale
Posts: 1,305
Default

You not at tally Carl?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-05-2008
bigred5765's Avatar
bigred5765 bigred5765 is offline
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chorley
Posts: 8,474
Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765
Default

oy yeh but thats week after next tallyban,im talking this sunday seems bury is the place to be, unless you live up north east lol
__________________
Mattys the driver,my names carl
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23-05-2008
Spencer Mulcahy's Avatar
Spencer Mulcahy Spencer Mulcahy is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rossendale
Posts: 1,305
Default

Not racing this weekend Carl so I will see you at Tally.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23-05-2008
Northy's Avatar
Northy Northy is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire - Gods Country
Posts: 8,364
Blog Entries: 15
Default

South Shields is the place to be fellas!

G
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23-05-2008
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

Forecast is wetness coming up from the South, Bury is running a risk of rain on Sunday - Southport looks more likely to miss it. So if its coming up from the South, that means South Sheilds will see it a few days later! Its so far north than in the summer the sun doesn;t go down, is that right? ha ha
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23-05-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default



My X-6 is still in the box.

It will be getting built this afternoon though
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 23-05-2008
ben's Avatar
ben ben is offline
Smirnoff Ice dancer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: York
Posts: 5,505
Blog Entries: 2
Send a message via MSN to ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
South Shields is the place to be fellas!

G

Yep roll on south shields
__________________
Schumacher Racing - Reedy - Schelle - TKR - Bandicoot Bodies - MIP - Nextlevelrc - Trishbits - Moss Models
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23-05-2008
Northy's Avatar
Northy Northy is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire - Gods Country
Posts: 8,364
Blog Entries: 15
Default

GET ON THE LATHE YOU!!!!!

G
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 23-05-2008
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

Lee,

It's 2wd Sunday so I can help build it tomorrow if you need me too.

Spence, glad it's working out for you, my only concern is with all these new X6 drivers going fast, I might be a few places down on normal
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23-05-2008
Lee's Avatar
Lee Lee is offline
Lee-Mag
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: More north than Northy!!
Posts: 6,943
Default

Would be appreciated Dan if i am struggling for time

You may have an X-5 tomorrow to cast your eye over to see if i have missed anything out or any tips you can give
__________________



SUPER SEED


I am getting my own oOple blog !!!


Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 23-05-2008
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

No worries, I plan to get there for about 9. As long as the belt ension is about right be can sort most other stuff later on.
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com