Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-10-2012
grobson1970 grobson1970 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yateley
Posts: 185
Default short course

Would it be possible to run a short course race once a month on a Tuesday.
People could book in before the day so you no there is enough people to run a race ?.

Gary
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2012
Dudders's Avatar
Dudders Dudders is offline
SHRCCC Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,317
Default

You can race a short course whenever you like. We've tried for the last year to promote the class locally but only a couple of people have them, personally I love them.

So bring it along and we'll put it into a mix heat. I know Ludders has one but can't race Thursday, I do and so does Darren. Think even Chris Ellis still has his as well.
__________________
Vega RB6 - Orion - Apex Models - JE Models - Cable ties
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2012
grobson1970 grobson1970 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yateley
Posts: 185
Default

some people get the hump when you mix it up .
I no i would not want my buggy getting mashed up by a short course :-)
Everyone keeps going on about what good fun they are but no one seems to want to race them .
I dont get it ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2012
Kelk's Avatar
Kelk Kelk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 587
Default

I'm really tempted to get one - if the racing kicks off I'd be up for it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2012
Dudders's Avatar
Dudders Dudders is offline
SHRCCC Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobson1970 View Post
some people get the hump when you mix it up .
I no i would not want my buggy getting mashed up by a short course :-)
Everyone keeps going on about what good fun they are but no one seems to want to race them .
I dont get it ?
Agree, but it's the double edge sword! we need 5 to run a single heat for them so we get some marshals for the next heat. The more that get em, the more we'll race, I prefer the, to buggies!
__________________
Vega RB6 - Orion - Apex Models - JE Models - Cable ties
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-10-2012
Dudders's Avatar
Dudders Dudders is offline
SHRCCC Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelk View Post
I'm really tempted to get one - if the racing kicks off I'd be up for it
If you built it they will come. Buy one, 2wd only (4wd is cheating) and being it.... There are more out there.....
__________________
Vega RB6 - Orion - Apex Models - JE Models - Cable ties
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-10-2012
grobson1970 grobson1970 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yateley
Posts: 185
Default

Come on people lets get this show on the road !!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2012
TARTMAN's Avatar
TARTMAN TARTMAN is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ash, Near Guildford
Posts: 1,841
Default love my SC

but its now sitting in a box waiting to be sold, as just never got to race it.

so for sale, and 4wd is not cheating, its more fun, IMHO...

IF we have a regular monthy tuesday race, and we get enough for 2 heats, or we get a regular thursday heat for them, i would keep it, as its awsome and more fun than buggies. way more fun....
__________________
XB4 & MORE
, Team Xray,
Team Gainsy Graphics, DPP Racing
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-10-2012
Dudders's Avatar
Dudders Dudders is offline
SHRCCC Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,317
Default

There will never be a solo short course meeting, but we can run a heat for 4 but maybe 5 trucks so all can Marshall.

I'll have my truck this week as my C4.1 has gone and the new one not arriving yet.

Chris is buying one this week too, 2wd.
__________________
Vega RB6 - Orion - Apex Models - JE Models - Cable ties
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2012
grobson1970 grobson1970 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yateley
Posts: 185
Default

I'v got the blitz ESE pro 2WD

Gary
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-2012
Kelk's Avatar
Kelk Kelk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
If you built it they will come. Buy one, 2wd only (4wd is cheating) and being it.... There are more out there.....
That's it then

I'm getting one
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2012
TARTMAN's Avatar
TARTMAN TARTMAN is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ash, Near Guildford
Posts: 1,841
Default my hong nor for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelk View Post
That's it then

I'm getting one
I wont be racing much for a while, My 4wd AWSOME SC is for sale, can go as almost RTR just need a servo and receiver. will sell with all other electrics, speedo, motor/heatsink. loads of spares and 2 shells, and 3 sets of wheels/tyres.

VERY fast truck all will tell you that, and handles great. £180 buys it with motor/esc.

can include a very good fast savox 1268 servo for £30 more. and a Receiver for £20.

or the lot for £220............................... bargain!

can run with sticks or saddles......
__________________
XB4 & MORE
, Team Xray,
Team Gainsy Graphics, DPP Racing
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com