Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2013
j0pp3's Avatar
j0pp3 j0pp3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm, SWEDEN
Posts: 364
Default Kyosho Slingshot fiber glass project

Got a delivery from the US yesterday containing a Kyosho Slingshot. I know it was made for dirt oval racing and doesn't seem to be a very common model and parts aren't that easy to find. At least not compared to Optima Mid parts. Found a scan of the manual in this forum which will help a lot.

Note that I'm not planning for a traditional restore. Instead I'll craft my own parts like chassis, top deck, shock towers etc. I have not seen this model in white fiber glass so I think I'll try that out. Might look kind of unique. May also give it some accent colors.

It came with a locked rear diff and a one-way in front which I think is the stock setup. Short gold shocks (both front and rear) in shape like new (thanks to the protecting body I suppose). Of course it will get a complete tear down and clean up.

Here are a few images showing how it arrived and even some disassembly. The bumper and front mounting posts are not stock parts. I think they are home made. Belts are old and dried out so they might be replaced. Or does anyone know if they can somehow be softened?
















__________________
Cheers
Joel
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2013
mr. ed mr. ed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mechelen, Belgium
Posts: 529
Default

for the belts: put them in a jar and spray plenty WD40 on them. Keep the jar closed for a couple days.

It's an old trick I think I've heard long ago.
Worth a try, but don't shoot me if it fails: never tried it myself.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com