Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17-05-2013
optiman's Avatar
optiman optiman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 414
Default Help Identify this Yokomo

Hello,

I remember once going to a local hobby store and seeing this particular Yokomo YZ10. I remember glancing at the pics, holding the box in my hands ....but then the shit hit the fan!!! As I soon realize I could not afford it!!!!


Can anyone tell me which year, and exact model this YZ10 is? I am not a Yokomo expert, but I do know that is not Massami's and is not the earlier YZ-870c, it is something in between.


Thank's

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17-05-2013
optiman's Avatar
optiman optiman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 414
Default

Details I remember;
Parallel saddle pack layout(not at an angle), white plastic parts all around, It did not have a chassis top plate either.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-05-2013
J'MM'N's Avatar
J'MM'N J'MM'N is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 250
Default

It is the same as YZ-870c, but for the American market, hence the much better Protech body.
__________________
Race Cars:
Associated B6 & B6D
Vintage race cars:
Associated RC10's, RC10T, B2 & T2
Kyosho Ultima XL
Losi JRX2, JRX Pro & Pro SE
Yokomo YZ10 94

The Veterans Inner Circle. Sponsored with Pot Noodle and Tunnocks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-05-2013
adey's Avatar
adey adey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: west midds
Posts: 839
Default

Looks like a 89 or 91 dog fighter to me
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-05-2013
Naushad Naushad is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Posts: 1,430
Default

Yz-870c super dogfighter
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-05-2013
lllyf lllyf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 149
Default

yokomo yz-10,US version 870C,released in 1989
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01 ??.JPG (136.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 02 ??.JPG (119.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 03 RACE BY AE.JPG (99.1 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-05-2013
optiman's Avatar
optiman optiman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 414
Default

Thanks guys!

Me want!!!
There's a new one NIB on ebay.... But for $950(I think) is a lot more of what I would spend. Seems that the shit hit the fan yet again!!! Lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-05-2013
DanB4's Avatar
DanB4 DanB4 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Muscat, Oman
Posts: 1,564
Default

I always wondered what was the official business link between ae and yokomo?
__________________
Much-More Racing (UK)
www.muchmoreracing.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-05-2013
optiman's Avatar
optiman optiman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 414
Default

Since Associated did not had any 4wd buggies at the time, becoming Yokomo's distributor and bringing that killer machine with lots of winning tittles wasn't a bad idea at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com