|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I remember some time in the mid-90's, when the first lot of mid motor 2wd conversions came out, some people at my club started running 4wd cars as 2wd by taking out the front belts, diff and driveshafts. The cars seemed to handle pretty well, but the increased drag having a belt going to the rear wheels caused them issues lasting with hot motors and 1700's. Now thats not an issue any more I'm going to give it another go, but was wondering if anyone else had tried or had any tips?
Cheers Ben |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
i don't know about the xx4 but i ran my cat sx as a 2wd a few weeks back after breaking one of the outdrives and it seemed to go really well, still had the front diff in and we were racing on tarmac so i am quite looking forward to giving it a in on the grass once i can sort a few issues with the kitty.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thats encouraging. I was thinking some more, and given that I run a one-way and tend to run on high grip surfaces, the only time I use the front wheel power is on the exit of corners anyway.
If I put my one-way in backward would that give me a 2wd car with 4-wheel braking? |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
i guess logically it would, but if you left the front connected life that it wouldn't be a 2wd because it would still be 4wd at some point.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Schumacher - NOSRAM - TrishBits - |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
i can remember years ago running the indoor nats at mansfield nearly all the top drivers were running 4wd cars in 2wd guise, the dogfighters were awsome in 2wd.
|
![]() |
|
|