Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 13-08-2009

Default Going to do 4wd next year

Hello. i got a new XX4 worlds that im going to race next year. does any one know what hot-ups to get for it to make it go a little bit better? And where to get the hot-ups from cos think that thay are hard to get hold off. Hope some one can help me
Old 20-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Things you need to do.....

Make sure all the belts are green belts either thhe front or side belt will be blue if its new (cant rememeber which as its been such a long time since i took mine out).

On the steering ballcrank you should use a longer screw and use a good size washer to clamp it down to stop it jumping on it splines.

Try to get hold of a alloy motor clamp (second hand is your bets bet) this will reduce the chance of you motor moving after a heavy landing.

I would recomend buying a front one way and locking your clicker. But this means you will need a pair of CVD's or LCD's as the std drive shafts wont take the extra strain of the one way.

Fibrelyte make shock tower stifiners from carbon fibre which are a good investment.

You may also want to change the rear wishbones and rear hubs to xxx-cr ones most of the team do for sength and ajustability reasons.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 21-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Fibrelyte make shock tower stifiners from carbon fibre which are a good investment.
A
How are they comparied to the XFactory/E Speed Ones?
Old 21-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I would recomend buying a front one way and locking your clicker. But this means you will need a pair of CVD's or LCD's as the std drive shafts wont take the extra strain of the one way.
Whilst I agree with most of what Ash says here, the part about a one way is personal preference. I know some of the team drivers don't run a one way, so try it first with the clicker and see what you think.

I don't think there's much to choose between the Espeed and Fibrelyte tower strengtheners, just don't run without one of them!

The Espeed steering link seems to be popular on XX4s now too, that may be worth looking at as an option, but again not essential.