Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-12-2009
jimmy's Avatar
jimmy jimmy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 10,047
Blog Entries: 6
Default Tamworth

Just sent an online entry in for Tamworth along with John Price - but I read the rules and apart from not having sent off for my 2010 brca licence yet, I've also lost my wallet a couple of weeks with my 2009 licence in there
Will I have to sack this race off? I don't think my new licence will come in time and like I said, I don't have my old (existing) one.

Any ideas? These micro lads don't mess about - I don't wanna get on the wrong side of em
__________________
If your PM doesn't at first succeed - try, try again. I'll reply in the end, honest.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-12-2009
Smartalec's Avatar
Smartalec Smartalec is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Just sent an online entry in for Tamworth along with John Price - but I read the rules and apart from not having sent off for my 2010 brca licence yet, I've also lost my wallet a couple of weeks with my 2009 licence in there
Will I have to sack this race off? I don't think my new licence will come in time and like I said, I don't have my old (existing) one.

Any ideas? These micro lads don't mess about - I don't wanna get on the wrong side of em
Jimmy give Jaquie a call she'll probably still be able to get it in the post for you to arrive before the 3rd.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-12-2009
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

Jimmy,

Sent this to John in a reply to his PM..

As Section Chairman you can bring your BRCA licence forms and cheques and give them to me on the day. Ill get them sent off on Monday but you are covered from the time you give all the paperwork to me

Hope that helps?
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-12-2009
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Wooo! Is Jimmeth making an appearance with the mighty Rough Rider
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-12-2009
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

Wont need to ride the "rough" from what ive heard. Do Tamiya do a "Flat Tracker"? lol
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-12-2009
jimmy's Avatar
jimmy jimmy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 10,047
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Rough dancer is long gone! sadly I'm still racing the Xray M18B Pro tho
__________________
If your PM doesn't at first succeed - try, try again. I'll reply in the end, honest.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23-12-2009
Body Paint's Avatar
Body Paint Body Paint is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 2,039
Default

Woop!! Wouldn't it be ace if X-ray could make some specs

I once got hypnotised into believing I was wearing X-ray specs, except mine were broke and the bloke sat next to me wouldn't swap... gutted
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23-12-2009
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

I got hypnotised into thinking that ALL XRAY's were of the highest quality....then I saw an M18T
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23-12-2009
jimmy's Avatar
jimmy jimmy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 10,047
Blog Entries: 6
Default

lightyears ahead of those blitz things
__________________
If your PM doesn't at first succeed - try, try again. I'll reply in the end, honest.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-12-2009
Dalla's Avatar
Dalla Dalla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jarrow
Posts: 337
Default M18T Pro

Jimmy,

Just bought a M18T pro off fleabay, so it's good to hear you've still using the review car. I just bought it for a bit of fun, since there isn't really a micro "scene" up North. However if you have some setups/tips then I'd be very interested. Any changes from the last entry in the review?

A mini Tamworth report would be excellent

Merry Christmas
__________________
Ian Dalziel
Trader Feedback

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 24-12-2009
jimmy's Avatar
jimmy jimmy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 10,047
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Mines running the jconcepts rc18 buggy shell now which fits pretty well. I've also just made a wing for it (the jconcepts mini wing was a little small) - the wing makes a big difference (from having no wing I mean).
I've got some Losi shocks on it to try out - but not driven them yet so no idea if they're any better or not yet.

Not many setup changes you can do on the m18t pro but the wing was the best change I did to stabilise the car.
__________________
If your PM doesn't at first succeed - try, try again. I'll reply in the end, honest.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 24-12-2009
Mini-JT Mini-JT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Default

....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 28-12-2009
mrspeedy mrspeedy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 974
Default

Best thing |I ever did to my M18b (other than sell it )was add loads of lead
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2010
Oscar's Avatar
Oscar Oscar is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,528
Default

What time do we have to be there? I seem to remember it was about 8am, but I cant seem to find a timetable listed anywhere
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2010
gaffer's Avatar
gaffer gaffer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 123
Default

Hi, 8 is advisable mate. see you there.

Stuart
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-01-2010
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

John/Jimmy,

You need to bring a table and chairs to the venue as TRRAC are unable to supply any.

Id get there for 8am, and remember your licence forms and cheques if you still dont have your cards

Cris
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-2010
jimmy's Avatar
jimmy jimmy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 10,047
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Is there a model shop in attendance and do they sell lipo's? My cells haven't really been run for a couple of years and are a bit badgered - would be good to run lipo tomorrow if I can get my hands on one.
__________________
If your PM doesn't at first succeed - try, try again. I'll reply in the end, honest.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default lipos

Not seen Wim have any lipos on the day, but that doesn't mean he wont' have any. Best thing to do is give him a bell asap so he can put some to one side for you, as he's got a but of a long drive upto Tamworth.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2010
frogger's Avatar
frogger frogger is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Is there a model shop in attendance and do they sell lipo's? My cells haven't really been run for a couple of years and are a bit badgered - would be good to run lipo tomorrow if I can get my hands on one.
Come see me if you want to borrow a couple and you use Deans, I have a few lipo's spare that won't be used tomorrow if you need any. They should hopefully fit in a M18.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-01-2010
jimmy's Avatar
jimmy jimmy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 10,047
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Sorted chief! that would be most excellent if I can (and they fit) - my buggy is a bit slow even in the kitchen.
I hope it goes alright tomorrow as I've not raced it for aggggggges - last time it got first in the B, I think tomorrow I'll be lucky to scrape into the bottom final
__________________
If your PM doesn't at first succeed - try, try again. I'll reply in the end, honest.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com