|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
opinions needed...
ok, what do people think would make the B4 a better car? I'm looking at doing a bit of work on one, namely starting with a new chassis layout, possibly saddle pack design in a similar layout to a Durango (and retaining the ability to shift the batts forward and back a little), and trying to get the weight low down and as central as possible. I personally don't think the suspension geometry needs changing, at least not as it is as standard. I just fancy something a bit different! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
"ok, what do people think would make the B4 a better car?"
If more people left it alone and raced the thing Sorry, no offence but if it ain't broke then don't fix it - i just raced my B4 for the first time and it was superb, couldn't fault the car in any way, just my little errors cost me through still being a bit rusty. There's no "better" 2wd car out there so i don't really think it needs changing to be honest, the best driver in the worlds won with one so it's obviously good enough to do anything as long as you are? |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Who am I fooling? I love oOple
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Even the best of a particular product type can be improved. Just because a car is winning, doesn't mean development should stop or you could be caught on the back foot if a.n.other manufacturer releases a new car.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Once done, It will have cost me around £500 plus the price of the car on top ![]() When I start molding the carbon fiber chassis, that will cost me around £180 for the first chassis (all the equipment e.t.c) then about 90 afterwards ![]() But, I am tapped , plus I save a whopping £4 per shell, as its made from vimto over a body filler mold, and i get to drink the vimto, Schlurple the purple
__________________
Who am I fooling? I love oOple
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
it doesn't have to cost a lot, basicall all i'm planning (at the moment) is a twin deck CF chassis, narrowed down from the standard, with an alternate interior layout. If possible I'm going to make it a box chassis, bonded together, rather than moulding one. At the moment I'm just in the ideas stage, there'll probably be a scrap B4 chassis bought and chopped up in the near future, and then some card templates to fold up and play with!
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Rob,
Sounds good and after looking at Northys G2 at the weekend i was super impressed at what can be done. But With the B4, you find people use the plastic chassis to make it easier to drive and setup doesn`t have to be spot on to get the same times etc. If you have a twin deck CF chassis then i assume there will be very little flex so this may make it a little more erratic over the bumpy stuff, but having said that Northys car looked stunning yesterday. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
more steering, yes i said it.. i want MORE
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
lee,
that was one thing that's been playing on my mind a little, i might do away with the 'box' design for the chassis, and instead just have a twin deck, possibly with a bit of o-ring trickery to allow a bit of flex. I did this with an old touring car that had a 2-piece top deck and it let things move just that little bit. It's all just pictures in my head at the moment, but I'm certainly tempted to make it happen! |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
paul,
me too! more mid corner is what i'm after! Maybe i'm just still a 4wd driver at heart! |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Who am I fooling? I love oOple
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Speaking of custom cars and all, I am starting up my new website soon, air-speed.eu dedicated to custom RC cars.
__________________
Who am I fooling? I love oOple
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Im with Nick that the b4 is good as it is, but it dose need fine tuning to the driver and the little mods allways help and are fun
__________________
Team Associated- HobbyWing- Reedy- CML |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
i agree that the b4 is a great car, and it does go well as per the kit. I'm just interested to see what I can do, and how (and if) i can make any improvements
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I have 2 projects on the go. My car, and the E-project The car will be tested next week at batley ![]() ![]()
__________________
Who am I fooling? I love oOple
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Steering linkages, only thing I have a problem with so far on the car, is the play in that and the fact it can go over center, just fiddled with that and went "ew"
|
|
#18
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm still not convinced of this 'flex is good' theory. I've been running a plastic car recently and arn't too keen on it, it feels really inconsistent to me
![]() Then again I also seem to be one of the few who use in-line axles everywhere too
|
|
#19
|
|||
|
|||
This one seems to be thinking for himself, hmm.....scary...
|
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
ive started to use inlines.. ive tried it at about 3 different tracks now and it seems ok.. but i seriously need more steering, or loosen up the rear end..
I've no extra lead in the car at all.. i assume this could help if i add some? any one is welcome to try my b4 at bury this sunday.. i'm open to suggestions what to do. Last edited by PaulRotheram; 21-05-2007 at 10:20 PM. |
![]() |
|
|