|
|||||||||||||||
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi Guys,
I know this has probably been asked before. Some people say they have had to make some mods to fit the Lipos & others say they havent. I'm going to be running the Intellect 4200 which i think should fit no problems at all. But is anyone running anything bigger in size? Like the Intellect 5000 or something Also i know some people aint running any weight at the rear but what are ppl running on their kits? I've got some lead to put under the Lipos Thanks
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/ Kyosho MP9 TKI2 Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port Kyosho ZX-5 FS2 Kyosho RB5 SP2 LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12 Speed Passion |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I am running Robotronic 4600 35C cells and they are in with no problems or mods.
I have to run a minimum of 30g just to make the car legal with those cells in and that is in teh form of lead plates stacked in the spine of the chassis. I have lead plates that fit under the LiPos (now you have to modify the car with taller battery posts) as a tuning aid and these take the weight back up to where the car was on NiMh cells. I will be honest and so far I have not run the car without the lead outside but indoors on carpet the car is better in light weight mode, how it will react to the bumps without the extra weight I am not sure ... be in a better position to answer after the weekend as we are trialling some stuff @ Kidderminster. Not sure how long you have had the FS but great to see you have joined those that know and drive Kyosho
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for the reply RogerM.
Will have play around with it when i run the car on the 28th @ worksop. I've just got the car Sunday from PBM, it's currently being built as we speak. So i wanted some info incase i need to buy anything extra for the car or make any mods. Did see that Fabs made some weight for the car i think. Is anyone running these on the car or is it somethink Fabs is developing still? I heard thier is diff types of wishbones for the car & rear hubs? Is everyone still running kit wishbones & hubs on the car. I will have the car built as kit for now. The only thing that will be built different is the shocks Standard rear's with 2mm limiter inside The Fronts longer shock caps thats it really. Will run the slipper as kit for now. I have also added Ceramic balls for the diffs & thrust's Is thier anything i missed or need to do?
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/ Kyosho MP9 TKI2 Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port Kyosho ZX-5 FS2 Kyosho RB5 SP2 LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12 Speed Passion |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Not sure why your building the shocks any different from kit, I've now run them like that as after lots of testing and trials I've found that is the best compromise, if I would recomend anything it would be reducing the length of the front shocks to reduce droop to calm the front of the car down.
I'll PM you my contact details and we can have a chat about the car. Nick Caro goes to Worksop and we are in constant discussions and development of set-ups, I'm sure he'll tell you what we know about the car. Any help at all I can be just ask mate, the more K' cars on track the better as far as I am concerned!!
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
If it was me I would build the car with the LAW36 & LAW37 rear hinge pin mounts purely as they are a real bonus for tuning (standard plastic parts are as strong as any other plastic hangers so no NEED to change).
I would make sure that you have #70 & #75 springs for both front and rear along with #60 & 65 rears as well if your planning on running the car light weight. I keep the 1.4 & 1.6mm anti roll bars along with an additional 1.2mm (work on either end of the car) to compliment the kit 1.0 & 1.2mm bars ... how often do I use them??? Truthfully hardly ever but when I need them I am truely thankful for there presence ![]() I would suggest that you get a set of white slipper pads as well, they aid tuning again rather than being necessary. Other than that it's all in the box ... you actually can build a box stock kit and put it straight into the A final ... ask Rich Cree ![]() Let us know how you get on with the car. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi Guys,
Just quick question I'm guessing i have to dremel the tabs off the chassis to fit the Lipos in the car? Thought i ask before i go ahead & do it find out I've made mistake. Just i cant get the braces over the lipos to fasten them down
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/ Kyosho MP9 TKI2 Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port Kyosho ZX-5 FS2 Kyosho RB5 SP2 LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12 Speed Passion |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi mate.. what lipos are you running?
I run the corally ones (look on BRCA Electric board for dimensions etc) I had to dremel the tabs of for these to fit in. Come over at the next worksop and say hello, im more than happy to help as would Eugine Galley & Fabs im sure. ( i had a nightmare in 4wd at the meet just gone hopefully sorted now) Are you at Broxtowe this sunday?The only weight i run in my car at the mo is approx 60g in between the saddles.. Indoors i find the car so much more nimble without added weight and i hope we can all get the car to work outdoors light weight A good starting set up is Rich Crees from the petit... Cheers Nick |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Not sure how I'll be able to help? Telepathically? I haven't got these kind of powers
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for the info
Well I've just dremeled the tabs down bit by bit & they fit nice inside now. So i didnt have to dremel all the tabs off feels nice an snug now. Also all i did with the front battery posts was shim them up little bit they hold ther Lipos perfect now. Think i will add some velcro to the lipos though just for that extra bit of support. Going to run the car first without any weight & go from thier. But i did see the weights Fabs designed Mmm very nice but not heard much more about them. If anyone else is running them either. Yeah i spoke to Eugine on Sunday when i got the car see what his car was like. But i know need to get some front shock towers though lol esp with my driving ![]() One more question you Kyosho lovers, has anyone actually balanced the car on scales so the car is all got right weight all four corners. Just where i work i can use scales for the car for each corner, wondered how you guys have done it to gain all round balance
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/ Kyosho MP9 TKI2 Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port Kyosho ZX-5 FS2 Kyosho RB5 SP2 LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12 Speed Passion |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
If you don't like to shim your battery posts on the FS, or you are not getting them long enough you can try using the older and longer SP's posts:
http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_B...p/kyola213.htm you will need to get 2 of them for all 4 posts. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
![]() |
|
|