Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-03-2006

Default 8th Stocks

On Sunday I popped over to the NORA club, out of curiosity as owt else, to watch 8th nitro stocks.

Cant half take some punishment them. Some monster impacts and the cars just keep on going. I guess that is what they are built for though...

Wouldn't mind ago but I couldn't help thinking they'd have more members if they had a class for touring chassis running nascar shells. Reckon they would look well good going round the oval.
Old 27-03-2006
Administrator

I like the idea of bashing into other cars miself like. the tamiya mini's were good for that, used to race them at work before I started racing proper. The whole nascar pro10 thing used to be fairly popular, at least in the USA.
Old 27-03-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Can you imagine a grid of Pro 4's, 415MSX's and Yokomo BD's doing that!!!! roflol
Old 27-03-2006

Default stocks

Dont associated still do a pan car chassis specifically for NASCAR type shells ??

I'm thinking of taking me 12th up to the circuit one evening when the stocks guys ain't there to see what it can do round the oval......I ain't running if then stocks dudes are there, they'll just drive over me and leave a pile of bits!!!
Old 27-03-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Don't forget, there will be a film of oil over the track, so will be mucho greasy.

Yes, AE do, the RC10L(...) they also do an LTO (Left Turn Only).
Old 28-03-2006

Default .

yeah I was thinking about that.....Gunning it on the straight then trying to turn and nowt happens cos the track is greasy...I'll end up with just a pile of bits and be gutted.

Might take the mardave along too