Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2010
sly's Avatar
sly sly is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On earth somewhere
Posts: 1,110
Default novak mongoose

What are peoples thoughts on the system and is it as reliable as there big brother the gtb?
__________________
Trader feedback:-http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78095

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2010
KRob's Avatar
KRob KRob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Swingrove
Posts: 608
Default

As, it seems, with any electronic item that comes out the first batch saw a few returns but that was over two years ago now.

In my view as good as the GTB I still have.
My Mongoose system is still going strong after 18 months.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2010
markwilliamson2001's Avatar
markwilliamson2001 markwilliamson2001 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ledbury, Herefordshire
Posts: 1,889
Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default

Yeah its pretty good... I had one with no gremlins.
Some people think that the brakes are a little weak, so some go for small micro 10th speedos, with the timing advance turned down to zero.
I run a Tekin RS, but others the LRP SXX et al.
__________________
:: AE B5MCE - SP 7.5 v3.0 Brushless Motor - Reedy Shorty Lipo - Savox Servo - Spektrum Rx ::
:: Paint By Turnip Paint ::
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2010
Thomas P's Avatar
Thomas P Thomas P is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden´s first town
Posts: 987
Send a message via MSN to Thomas P
Default

I think it is the best for micros today, noone can show up that feeling that sensor gives us . The break are little weak as Mark says..
__________________
TP44.0.5 1/8 Monstertruck fan
Tp-Parts Rc-Xtreme on FB

My blogg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

I was told not to get the Mongoose by those in the know because of the brakes. Should hopefully get my lrp nexxt40 tomorrow, and will be able to see if that measures upto it's big bro, the spx.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2010
sly's Avatar
sly sly is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On earth somewhere
Posts: 1,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
I was told not to get the Mongoose by those in the know because of the brakes. Should hopefully get my lrp nexxt40 tomorrow, and will be able to see if that measures upto it's big bro, the spx.
if you could tell me the height of the lrp once you get it i would be greatful too. althought the footprint is a little larger than the novak.

Also if any of the mongoose drivers could tell me the height of them too? as novak don`t advertise the height in there spec charts

Or should i just stick with the Orion vortex 18th system?

Cheers Simon.
__________________
Trader feedback:-http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78095

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2010
sldmodels sldmodels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 745
Default

According to the gubbins I got with it, it measures 28.5 x 40.3mm, which isn't what you asked for, but at a guess, I'd say about 10mm, definitely the smallest speedo I've ever ran.

Just to add, I've got this as I've got the SPX, and been told that this is just a smaller version, so it suits my driving, and I don't have to alter anything for a different car. My style is quite aggressive though, and with brakes that actually work, I can brake a lot later for the corners, but I think I might be buggering my rear diff up quicker than I would normally as a result.

Last edited by sldmodels; 06-08-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: remembered something
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com