Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21-12-2010
carlin's Avatar
carlin carlin is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: No Mans Lands @ Present
Posts: 1,418
Default Mr Stafford @ Ardent Sunday

So then does anyone know how Ellis Stafford got on Sunday?

Just wondering if anyone has got setup i could start with for the Ardent meeting from Sunday just i didnt get the chance to really run the car.

Was rather gutted i didnt get to see him run the car
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-12-2010
steelie600 steelie600 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Crewe, Cheshire.
Posts: 456
Default

Never mind that Rob!! Hows yer eye???
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-12-2010
carlin's Avatar
carlin carlin is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: No Mans Lands @ Present
Posts: 1,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelie600 View Post
Never mind that Rob!! Hows yer eye???
They spent about 2hrs scraping my eyes it was very bad it glued my eyes it's self so i couldnt see anything. I had to go back yesterday to get checked & they had to scrape them again as there was still alot there. At the moment I'm sort of ok but my eyes feel very bruised & painful in any bright light. I can see roughly about 3ft infront of me at the moment. They say once the swelling & everything has gone down should be fine so they reckon few weeks. So my racing is done for little while hopefully not to long
Did you see it shot straight in ? cause it was such shock for me just didnt know what to do i would hate to see it to happen to anyone else.

Was told by the nurse very lucky it didnt burn or would of been blind for good?? So was lucky i reckon touch wood

How did you get on racing buddy you sort your rear end out lol
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-12-2010
steelie600 steelie600 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Crewe, Cheshire.
Posts: 456
Default

Yeah I got the grip back but the car systematically fell apart around my ears!!

It nearly went in the bin after quallies!! So much so I didnt run the final!! I didnt complete a single heat!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-12-2010
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

What did you do to your eye Rob?
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-12-2010
carlin's Avatar
carlin carlin is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: No Mans Lands @ Present
Posts: 1,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
What did you do to your eye Rob?
Was busy gluing set tires up, i was just peeling back the tire as it wasnt placed right. Glue just shot out the side of the tire straight into my eyes wasnt best experience some of the lads was talking to me when it happened think they was just lost for words.
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-12-2010
4_cell_racer's Avatar
4_cell_racer 4_cell_racer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stoke on Trent
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlin View Post
Was busy gluing set tires up, i was just peeling back the tire as it wasnt placed right. Glue just shot out the side of the tire straight into my eyes wasnt best experience some of the lads was talking to me when it happened think they was just lost for words.
Yeah I saw it happen Rob......I was totally shocked to see it squirt straight into your eyes (looked like a snake squirting vemon) and didnt Ben C spray some activator on your tyres about 5 minutes before you started checking them??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-12-2010
c0sie c0sie is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham
Posts: 3,294
Default

Hope your eye(s) are all ok soon enough man, thats gotta be some scary shit :/
__________________
Previously:
BRCA Micro Section Chairman.
BRCA Micro National Champion.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-12-2010
jimmy's Avatar
jimmy jimmy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 10,047
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Carlins eye-scraping story made me feel sick
__________________
If your PM doesn't at first succeed - try, try again. I'll reply in the end, honest.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22-12-2010
AndyG's Avatar
AndyG AndyG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mirfield, West Yorks
Posts: 499
Send a message via Skype™ to AndyG
Default

never again will I mock Andy Rochelle for wearing his "shades" when gluing tyres.

Equally - pre glued tyres for the win.

Above all - hope you're OK fella.
__________________
Andy Grason - Sponsored by G. Singh Racing.
Team Whiplash
DEX210 Tresrey | DEX410 v3 | My Paint Work | My Trader Feedback
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 22-12-2010
RudeTony's Avatar
RudeTony RudeTony is offline
oOple Advertiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunningdale, Surrey
Posts: 1,617
Default

Hi Rob, sorry to hear this matey. Shit, I hope you're OK.
To help with your question, Ellis run the car in practice on Saturday and went fine. Between us all we will have a good set up for Ardent at the Petit so make sure you're well mate and we will talk soon.
All the best for now
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22-12-2010
panch's Avatar
panch panch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gloucestershire
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
never again will I mock Andy Rochelle for wearing his "shades" when gluing tyres.
I will definatley be buying some safety specs for this very job now, dont fancy having the scrape of any sort

Hope your back to full vision and racing again soon Rob
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22-12-2010
carlin's Avatar
carlin carlin is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: No Mans Lands @ Present
Posts: 1,418
Default

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies & i hope to get my recovery back up for Worksop/Ardent most of just to get full recovery tbh. It was probably one of the worst experiences i have ever had. I used to be in the armed forces many moons ago lol did have abit moment there where we came under contact had small metal frags in my eyes from a explosion but that was just a simple wash eyes out & a check over.
This is something i wouldnt like anyone to experience, the pain was not very nice. The past few nights when the anesthetic wore off spent the nights with a cool pack on the eyes to take the swelling down.
I'm feeling much better today but just bright lights are not my friend at the moment.

Yeah Ben C sprayed the tires because it was so cold the tires wouldnt dry so we left them for about 5mins if not more i was just checking to see if it all glued then boom straight into the eyes.

All i can say what a shocker, the Mrs has also been bought me some safety glasses so you learn from your mistakes, makes me wonder if anyone else has ever had this too?

Tony,

Yeah you have to drop me PM with details cause I need to get the RB5 up to speed & also the FS2. I'm hoping to get to the track on the Thursday & Friday to get them rolling ready for the weekend.
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 22-12-2010
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,258
Default

Rob,

if it's any help at all I will be there thursday evening for a bit (have to take Sarah out for a meal or else none of us will get any piece) and there there for doors open on friday!

I too have to get the FS right (not run it as an FS2 before) so we can work together, be no problem I'm sure as they are such great well balanced cars to start with.

If you speak nicely to Tony he will be able to give you his RB5SP2 setup I am sure as that was flying at the first one. If you have a Scorpion by then you can lift a set up of either myself or Tony, shes beautiful around that sort of track.

Good luck with the recovery mate, may it be swift! I had super glue in my eye a few years back, luckily I must have blinked fast enough as all that happend was the eyelids got stuck together, mainly by the lashes too thankfully.
Anything to do with eyes makes me shiver ... all the best mate
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22-12-2010
racingdwarf's Avatar
racingdwarf racingdwarf is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norfik
Posts: 2,910
Default

Has super glue gone in someones eye before? yes! not to me but many years ago I saw it happen to a chap he was lucky,shut his eye just in time and it glued his eye shut, same thing as you, tyre sprang back onto the rim and fired glue straight into his eye.

Sounds like you got it far worse, that scrape buisness sounds very nasty indeed, go for my safty glasses from now on.

Hope all is back to normal for you very soon
__________________
Dave

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 23-12-2010
Neil Skull's Avatar
Neil Skull Neil Skull is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,047
Default

Hi Rob,

Hope your eye gets better soon mate.

Marc from MK told me about the Engine bits missing, You should be getting in post soon.
__________________


Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 23-12-2010
ryanlownie's Avatar
ryanlownie ryanlownie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Middleton
Posts: 822
Default

Hope your eye gets better soon!

I've seen this happen before, tyre snaps back and bang a big drop of CA in the eye. Luckily the guy was wearing a contact lens... Still, very lucky it didn't do permanent damage!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 23-12-2010
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

I'm afraid I did this very thing about a year ago but didn't get much in and didn't glue eye shut. I did have to have my eyeball scrubbed and having had my eyes tested only yesterday the optician commented it's scared. That said I still don't need glasses and don't notice any on going issues from it so don't worry too much, the eyes are one of the best healing parts of the body as evolution meant that back in the day if you couldn't see, you were dead.

I too often wear safety glasses, always when grinding and when peeling a tyre rim back.
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 23-12-2010
Bungleaio's Avatar
Bungleaio Bungleaio is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 1,014
Default

Bloody hell Rob I hope you recover soon.

I have had some glue hit me on the cheek when gluing tyres before, I now wear safety glasses. I've been mocked a few times but anything that prevents eye scraping is good in my book!
__________________
Lets Off Road!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 23-12-2010
carlin's Avatar
carlin carlin is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: No Mans Lands @ Present
Posts: 1,418
Default

Cheers guys again.

Thanks Neil for the confirmation, i wont be running it till Feb time anyways ish. I was rather suprised the weight difference compared to my CRF US Edition very nice engine indeed (hope it's good as the sirio's). What UK drivers running this engine? Also thinking dropping to 6.5m Vent though for little more fuel mileage too.
__________________
http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com