Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30-05-2011
evilbert's Avatar
evilbert evilbert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 295
Default 3rd June racing

So with the bank holiday out of the way time to start thinking about racing.

So who's coming on Friday then?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 31-05-2011
sunbeam's Avatar
sunbeam sunbeam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cwmbran, South Wales, UK
Posts: 413
Default

Me and Alisha, 2WD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31-05-2011
axeman's Avatar
axeman axeman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 897
Default

I'm coming. to talk about the nationals !!!!! lol

I AM A RACING GOD !!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31-05-2011
Belsten's Avatar
Belsten Belsten is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 2,495
Default

Im hoping to be there
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31-05-2011
peetbee's Avatar
peetbee peetbee is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Posts: 4,013
Default

I won't be
But Andy is back, gave him the laptop Sunday which he was overjoyed with!

I will be stripping and cleaning my cars off after the national, er I mean, looking after my son for the evening!

Although there isn't much chocolate in the trolley, there is loads more in the cupboard plus some more cans - can someone bring it all out please?
I don't want anyone going without their favourite snacks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 31-05-2011
Dyna's Avatar
Dyna Dyna is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 770
Default

Err without hijacking the 'whos coming racing on the 3rd' thread too much, how did you all do at Tally National ?

I know Daves results, but how did the rest of you do ?

I looked for Axemans wins in both 2 & 4wd but didnt see his name so i presume he either used a pseudonym & a face change or just had a terrible day ?? Or didnt even race to give the others a chance ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31-05-2011
peetbee's Avatar
peetbee peetbee is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Posts: 4,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
I looked for Axemans wins in both 2 & 4wd but didnt see his name so i presume he either used a pseudonym & a face change or just had a terrible day ?? Or didnt even race to give the others a chance ?

My results were'nt great - you realise how good the regular national drivers are!
I made the L both days, 8th in 2wd, 2nd in 4wd and then did my usual of dropping one place in each by the end of the final. But at least I wasn't last and I had a fantastic time with some great banter!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 31-05-2011
blue_pinky's Avatar
blue_pinky blue_pinky is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Weston-super-Mare
Posts: 1,625
Default

I will indeed be racing on Friday...need all the practice I can get after Axeman qualified 9 places up on me in 4wd at Taly...if only I was a local with a few thousand laps of the national track under my belt before the day Not that I'm bitter

Matt...good day in 2wd for me...made the I final in the end, can't remember positions though, but proper good result for me. Then had a shocker of a day Sunday for 4wd, just didn't get into it at all and didn't have a single clean run all day. Qualified K2, finished 3rd in the end. Did have a pretty good race against Jamie Thomas for a bit in the final...but beaten by him in he last lap or two thanks to his pink wheels putting me off!

Axeman will be unbearable now...but I'm fairly sure that DCM out qualified him in the end!!!
__________________
AKA: Andy Nancollis
1/10th drives: Yokomo BMax2MR & BMax4
1/16th drive: Carisma GTB
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31-05-2011
Belsten's Avatar
Belsten Belsten is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 2,495
Default

Yup E3 for me in 2 wheel and C7 in 4 wheel
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 31-05-2011
brizzlemark's Avatar
brizzlemark brizzlemark is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol
Posts: 51
Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark
Default

Me too for Fri 3rd. 2WD and can I reserve a PT please.

Mark H
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-06-2011
Gaz_Stanton's Avatar
Gaz_Stanton Gaz_Stanton is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
C7 in 4 wheel
C6 for me.... On the last lap!
__________________
Gareth Stanton
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-06-2011
millzy's Avatar
millzy millzy is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 3,048
Send a message via MSN to millzy
Default

Wow, Fridays track was the best ever!!

I cant say there was one bit I would change, I love Andy’s tracks, but Fridays Andy pulled out all the stops and it was awesome, jumps where the right height all the bends where in the right place, and the mix of polish, wood and carpet made for good racing- Really enjoyed racing in a train of 6 cars (even being off the lead lap)

Fav section was off the jump into the mix angles waves and up the table top, wasn’t my best to area to drive but it was fun.

7 heats and 4 rounds at club!! Crazy you guys rock.

If you’re looking for a club in Wales with laidback attitude amazing track layout built to National standards with close hard racing then you NEED to visit Caldicot on Friday nights they welcome every driver of every ability.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-06-2011
evilbert's Avatar
evilbert evilbert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 295
Default

I'll second that. Andy we salute you

The train was awesome even if those slow 2wd's stopped me leading the pack

Roll on Friday, racing is bloody amazing just lately, long may it continue.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com